Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw this page today and it made me think. i know this is on an integra but why wouldnt it work for our cars? this guy got the piping at home depot (i guess its fence poles) and just cut all the pieces he needs for his turbo piping. check out this link and scroll down to the end.http://www.cse.uconn.edu/~yelevich/turbo/turbo.html what do you guys think about it? seems like it would be a cheap way to go. i think i'll try it.
Ryan

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
That piping is aluminized automotive piping that you can buy at most Discount Autopart or Autozone. What he actually said was,
Rearrange those peices around to get something like this! And connect the peices together using the Silicone hoses from Home Depot from the Plumbing section. The 2 Inch ones.
Yes it is a cheap alternative but your not driving an Integra..;)

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
i'm with kb on this one

D

·
0 Posts
go to a Grand Mufflar(Sp) or any place that does exhaust work and get them to bend you the piping you need. Also if I am right you can normally buy straight piping also then just go on ebay and buy the connectors

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
there arent any...theyre just saying if you do it your cheap as shit and you dont deserve a supra...thats all ;)

( i looked at home depot today, i only saw straight pieces lol)

·
Big Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackSupra93 said:
( i looked at home depot today, i only saw straight pieces lol)
well i'm glad im not the only one whos cheap as shit lol. what the hells wrong with saving some money anyway? i'm just trying to help out you guys

D

·
0 Posts
supraman there is nothing wrong with been cheap. Shit I drive a DSM and we are normally known for taking the cheaper way. I running a MBC instead of an EBC just because the MBC only cost $25 for me. There is nothing wrong with going a cheaper way but make sure you do it right. :D

The reason I said to go to a exhaust shop is for two reasons. First at an exhaust shop they can do mandel(sp) bends which is the only style bends your going to want. Second buy using exhaust piping you know that you do not have to worry about the piping heating up for the enigne bay heat and exhaust heat.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
The silicon couplers that you can get at Home Depot are designed for plumbing. They are not nylon reenforced like Turbonetics or other high pressure silicone couplers. If your planning on running any type of serious boost ,20+ psi, I wouldn't trust the Home Depot:D .
The only other problem I see is the number of bends that may be involved and the number of couplers you'll need. I've got 5 couplers on my setup. One on either end of the intercooler, one on the turbo to the piping , one before the blowoff valve, one between turbo and intercooler.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
dont use Home depot rubber couplings!!!
those caused problems that plauged my car for half a year before i got it running right...

they are weak as hell and will rip/tear very easily when warm...

go onto ebay and buy some real silicon couplings; you can buy them by the foot in different sizes for good prices (almost hte same price as HD's stuff)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts