Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,690 Posts
you buying thos ssr's from tire rack? you will have to run spacers..if you want it to look sorta staggered. but it wont look bad but it wont look perfect.

·
Registered
934 Posts
actually not necessarily. for example SSR comps used to require spacers, then they did a small revision. 17x8.5 comps in my ride only require the hubcentric ring, no spacers.

in general SSR's are very tough and super light. probably not as tough as volks but lighter....thats just my gut feeling.

·
Registered
229 Posts
19x9 would be narrower in the rear than the stockers. If you get them for looks it'd be fine but for function you want at least 9.5" or wider.

·
Registered
934 Posts
actually i have 9.5 in the rear ... again ... no spacers needed. if u can get a new set from tire rack, most likely no spacers... just talk to the rep

·
966 Posts
You need to be more specific on which Speed Star Wheels you are talking about... they have had many different designs over the years.

I don't think 19x9s will suffice at all. As already mentioned, 9.0-wide is 0.5-inch narrower than an OEM TT wheel. Why anyone would go narrower is beyond me. And if you had to go narrow, at least go with a smaller diameter IMO... get light wheels if you have to get narrow wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts