Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the base maps? I have a 95 supra turbo with 55occ injectors and a single turbo. Do you think the base map for stock twins and 550cc injectors is good for me??? If not do you know if you have map that i can try?

· (overspooled)
3,373 Posts
I used it for a while with no issues. You will need to do some tuning. I had to pull a little fuel out between 3k,3300...then add some under boost. I wouldn't run more than 16lb on stock fuel and pump gas anyway though...The mtr 63mm map is a good base map to start with. It was very close for me search for it, it's out there.

· SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,006 Posts
freshjive1682 said:
I cant find that map anywhere. Just the problem I am having is poor throttle response at low throttle and full throttle.
MAP ECU usually doesnt affect throttle response, unless the map is way off... and the 550cc map should not be that far off. Get it tuned with a wideband A/F meter to see.

· Registered
284 Posts
freshjive1682 said:
I cant find that map anywhere.
I need this map as well. Does anyone have it.???
Im running the stock fuel system and a 63mm single.

· BPU is so 1997
6,833 Posts
Jake, here you go:

MTR said:
I have been getting a bunch of emails and PMs asking for my map. So I am going to post it here for easy access. I created this map for my PT63 with .68 hotside car (very similar to stock twins in TTC), with a stock rev limiter (6800), stock 550 cc injectors, and sea level. But, if you blow up your car with my map I am not responsible so use at your own risk.

PT63 MAP ECU

Mike

· Registered
284 Posts
thanks Hua, Your a life saver.

1,006 Posts
Stock 550cc map has 20% of TPS Enrichment for safety. Change that to 7% and any throttle issues should disappear.

Thanks,

· Registered
1,886 Posts
not trying to hijack your thread but i just installed my map ecu, but was only able to put in the base map because the shops dyno broke before i could get on the dyno... with the base map when i go WOT my afr are a dangerous 12.6-13.2 at 18 psi...i only floored it once because i was curious and as soon as i saw that i stopped...they asked me to go back next wed. but i need to drive the car before then...is it bad if i just cruise with the settings its at now? around 14.7-15.3 when cruising... also the car runs like crap because they werent able to fine tune anything...the map ecu kept disconnecting from the computer...has anyone else ever had issues like that? the computer is brand new and has the right port...my tuner uses if all the time.

thanks, scott

1,006 Posts
BWsupra97 said:
not trying to hijack your thread but i just installed my map ecu, but was only able to put in the base map because the shops dyno broke before i could get on the dyno... with the base map when i go WOT my afr are a dangerous 12.6-13.2 at 18 psi...i only floored it once because i was curious and as soon as i saw that i stopped...they asked me to go back next wed. but i need to drive the car before then...is it bad if i just cruise with the settings its at now? around 14.7-15.3 when cruising... also the car runs like crap because they werent able to fine tune anything...the map ecu kept disconnecting from the computer...has anyone else ever had issues like that? the computer is brand new and has the right port...my tuner uses if all the time.

thanks, scott
Hi Scott, please dont take my reply in the wrong way, but this frustration is what caused us to discontinue MAP ECU sales in the first place. All of your questions are answered in previous posts in this forum, if you'll do a search you can find 1000s of MAP ECU answers.

THE BASE MAPS ARE BASE MAPS TO GET THE CAR STARTED SO YOU CAN GET TO A DYNO. DO NOT EVER EVER EVER GO FULL BOOST ON AN UNTUNED BASE MAP FOLKS!

The MAP ECU does not "disconnect" from the computer. Its just the opposite. This has also been covered in detail about 14,000 times on this forum. The MAP ECU is serial based and none of the new PCs use serial, so they use a USB/Serial converter which can be shaky at best. You either need to find an older serial port equipped laptop, or get a PCMCIA serial adapter card.

Thanks

· Registered
1,886 Posts
sorry about that...i know i should have searched more...but thank you for answering anyway...ill research more about it before i do anything else...

thanks again, scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts