Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
94 tt bpu +++ auto with 3800 stall, mix of 93/110 octane, holding 18-19 psi

1st run...412 hp, 418 tq, 11.8 a/f
2nd run..410 hp, 411 tq, 11.5 a/f
3rd run...402 hp, 408 tq, 10.8 a/f
4th run...399 hp, 400 tq, 10.5 a/f

the dyno was outside. it was 65 degrees out. the dyno had no fan, ice, or water/alcohol spray for the intercooler. 1 minute was given between runs.

the more runs i took, the richer i became so do you guys think i have to lean out the s-afc a little bit? thanks, Rick.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Very nice for auto w/ stall! Was this with the converter locked or unlocked??

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the converter was unlocked. im too afraid to put in a lockup switch because with my luck something would break. thanks for the reply, Rick.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
nice numbers,

you should definitely lean out your s-afc, to around 11.0:1 thats safe enough. youll gain back that hp to where your around 411rwhp, good numbers for auto

brett

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Your ecu was pulling timing. Just be careful taking fuel out now that its colder outside because your timing will stay advanced more in this weather. In warmer temps though it would probably be safe to take out some fuel. I personally let the ecu take care of it until I get a wideband in my car.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Very good numbers with the high stall! It's better if you don't take out too much fuel...better safe than sorry. Remember, the car will always be leaner on the street than on the dyno.

-Olivier

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the responses guys.

S

·
0 Posts
Good #s

Numbers look good, but did you get AFR? We usually make acouple pulls then cool down for 5min with fans. What kind of Dyno was used?

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Good #s

supraxotic said:
Numbers look good, but did you get AFR? We usually make acouple pulls then cool down for 5min with fans. What kind of Dyno was used?
my afr's were posted...11.8, 11.5, 10.8, 10.5. this was a portable dynojet that a new performance store used for its grand opening. there were no fans there at all. i was kind of dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: Re: Good #s

Rick S said:
my afr's were posted...11.8, 11.5, 10.8, 10.5. this was a portable dynojet that a new performance store used for its grand opening. there were no fans there at all. i was kind of dissapointed.
Don't be disappointed, the auto loses about 20% compared to 15% for the 6-speed, so 400+ RWHP is excellent!! The high stall probably makes the difference even more. I would run around 11.3 afr or so since the stock twins build up heat much faster. You can go a bit leaner and still be safe with a good single setup though.

More importantly, your 1/4 mile time is excellent, screw the dyno!:cool:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Are these SAE numbers?

As other said, good numbers.

I did 421rwhp/445rwtq in my BPU +++ auto with the stock converter locked. Boost spiked to 20 psi then bled off to 16 psi by the end of rpm range.

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the responses guys...i am thinking about putting in a lockup switch for the converter but everyone has mixed feelings about the harm it can cause to the converter and tranny. the last thing i want to do is break something. i know that locking up the converter will give you lost mph, but i always wondered if it would help out your 1/4 mile time at all.

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Great #'s, but like said earlier, awesome 1/4 mile time. This goes to show everybody the difference in a high stall! That and no2 are my next two upgrades!

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my peak hp was at 5300 rpm's. my peak torque was at 5100 rpm's. by 6700 rpm's my hp was 385 and my torque was 302. does this seem right on an auto with a 3800 stall? im assuming that the slipping of the stall converter caused the torque to drop like that.

i really wanted to lock up the converter, but i didnt want to break anything. i wonder what i would have got by locking it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts