Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we received some good rain fall in our area. Before I even headed to work I grabbed 3 towels, which I needed for the cups of water the Targa dumps in the car.

Later in the week the Targa was off and when I went to put it back on my friend noticed I was doing it incorrectly by bolting the front in first. So I started doing the rear ones first. Last night it rained pretty heavy so this morning I grabbed my normal 3 towels preparing to get soaked but there was nothing. Not even a drip yet, and it has been raining all day!

If your top is leaking make sure you are bolting it on correctly and it may save you the hassle of replacing the expensive seals.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
mine doesnt leak at all... oh wait... HARD TOP! ;)

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Mine leaks like a bitch. Right over the dome lights and through the window on my lap. Im very careful washing it right now. I have a targa seal coming from toyota

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FromDaStreetz said:
Mine leaks like a bitch. Right over the dome lights and through the window on my lap. Im very careful washing it right now. I have a targa seal coming from toyota
Lol, sound like yours are shot. Mine only leaked around the drivers and passenger door.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
psifactor said:
Lol, sound like yours are shot. Mine only leaked around the drivers and passenger door.
ha yeah. I went through a drive in car wash when i first got it....big mistake my lap was soaked. Looked like i pissed my pants hardcore. Better than on the leather though.

What fixed that leak? the side seals or the front seal? it leaked by the window where the front of the targa was im guessing? I only ordered the front they are expensive. the sides are separate as is the back. im hoping the front one will fix it all.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm assuming it had to do with correctly bolting down the targa top. Before it was probably not correctly sitting on the seals causing it to leak.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
mine only leaks right by the rain gutters.
It will leak a tiny bit just sitting there, but if i drive and slow down at a light, then the shit pours down all over my lap.
Damn i gotta get that fixed. I wont even think about taking it out if there is a cloud in the sky now.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,890 Posts
Mine only really leaks in carwashes a bit. It didn't when I got it, but flying off at 40mph changes things a little bit. I have it mostly fixed though.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
you guyz are funny... My right side is completely loose; ie bolts stripped out and it still doesn't leak.. Shit, doing 80 on the freeway with it raining and the roof flyiing up that 1/2 inch, the water still doesn't get in.....

Mine used to leak but I think it was the way he had it tightened, front first then back..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Now maybe it was just ignorance, but i was always under the impression that the targas didnt leak that bad or at all...(especially compared to T-tops)...what is the general consensus?? do all the targas on the supras leak????

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
Mine doesn't leak at all... I guess its from not removing the targa top for the last 3 years+... should of kept my first hard top but it was a 87, but glad I got my 90 now :) aight peace :chicken:

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Jealous of you guys with hardtops...my targa may never be taken off again, save for the occasional picture! I like enclosed areas like hardtop stuffs and windows up.

My targa has been through hell it seems, doesnt look good at ALL.

But it doesnt leak either!

·
Registered
963 Posts
90 targa and mine doesn't leak, but it does in the back and collects water where the spare sits. looks like my targa and hood have been through hell too...and the front, but last night I put a bra on the front to hide it all...

G

·
0 Posts
I just got a new weatherstripping package that wraps around the front doors and the front of the targa. Like just under 100 bucks and never leaks again, even if I remove my targa and put it back on multiple times.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts