Supra Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Shinobu said:
I have the leaking drip rails problem. My car only leaks AFTER it has rained and only when I am braking, at which point it dumps onto my lap. :(

Can someone post a picture of the drip rails and where they bolt so I know what I'm looking for?
actually my hardtop did that too. If there was a big rainfall or it was raining and i was sitting. If i rolled down the window at all then start to move it would dump in all over.

This happens alot when your wax your car lol. The water stays beaded on top of the roof until you move.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
The only problem with fixing the issue is you need to pull out the side seals to unscrew the drip rails. When you pull the seals out, they will rip because the original glue used at the factory is now like cement. New ones are like $50/pair from Champion Toyota, order new ones before attempting repair. Just unscrew the drip rails, caulk behind them and install new seals.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Wait

the targa is supposed to stop water from coming into the car??

news to me ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
targa sucks......i'm never gonna open mine again (most likely) dont hurt your back or drop the top while removing that heavy ass top i want a hardtop! mine leaks alittle...no puddles

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Supra_Dre said:
targa sucks......i'm never gonna open mine again (most likely) dont hurt your back or drop the top while removing that heavy ass top i want a hardtop! mine leaks alittle...no puddles

Oh come on! The targa rules. Nothing is more fun that driving around with the top off. Its not necessarly heavy, i'm able to get mine off or on easily within a minute. If mine starts leaking again I'll just get new seals and enjoy my leak free targa.

·
Registered
212 Posts
psifactor said:
Oh come on! The targa rules. Nothing is more fun that driving around with the top off. Its not necessarly heavy, i'm able to get mine off or on easily within a minute. If mine starts leaking again I'll just get new seals and enjoy my leak free targa.
Amen.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yeah, quite your griping about heavy tops and such... try lifting a 54 lb crank in and out of the trunk... or a 75 lb rear end in and out o fthe trunk, or a 75 lb loaded head w/ cams in and out of the trunk... shit, or even a 7M block in an dout of the trunk. itll make you appreciate how damn light the targa is in comparison.

and, im sure toyota didnt take the time to print up a sticker like that and spend the money to develope it and install it on every damn car w/ a targa if they didnt seriously mean to take it off in that order. if it didnt matter, they wouldnt have wasted their time money and effort with the damn sticker and all you knuckle heads could remove it "your way which is gooder".

saying that the bolt sequence on the targa top is useless is just like saying the bolt sequence on an aluminum cylinder head or main caps is useless.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Originally posted by flubyux2
or a 75 lb loaded head w/ cams in and out of the trunk...
I can vouch...its not that easy! 75 lbs wouldnt be so bad if it was on the ground, but its already up higher than the ground, thus harder to keep up.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
.............targa is soo much cooler all you hardtoppers are just jelous :cool:
Yeah..........what he said.

My top is hardly ever on the car, I usually leave it at home on nice days.

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
now if only we could get a carbon fiber skin for it.....
M3 CSL style...mmmm tasty... :D:D:D

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
what is the point in owning a supra if you don't have a targa, and a turbo for that matter.

To take it out i roll my windows down a bit and unbolt the top. (in order mentioned above)

Then with my left leg sticking out, i stand with my hands on the bottom of the targa, pushing it up and out.

^ reverse to insert.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I usually just pick it up while i'm standing beside the car...

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
My way is if you're not gifted with massive muscles. lol j/k

I just do it that way to ensure that i don't drop or scratch it

41 - 58 of 58 Posts