Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car currently has a 3" mp/dp and Blitz Nurspec 3" exhaust. I am upgrading the T66 to a T72 or T74 with q trim and 0.81 a/r. How bad will I be hurting performance lets say at 26psi if I stay with the 3" dp/mp/exhaust? Would you recommend chaning at least the dp/mp and using a 4" to 3" coupler to mate to the exhaust or changing out the whole setup to a 4"? I would appreciate all info.

It would be helpful to hear from owners that moved up from 3" to 4" with the bigger turbos and dynoed before and after. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
69 views and no input?

·
Registered
282 Posts
alpha6164 said:
The car currently has a 3" mp/dp and Blitz Nurspec 3" exhaust. I am upgrading the T66 to a T72 or T74 with q trim and 0.81 a/r. How bad will I be hurting performance lets say at 26psi if I stay with the 3" dp/mp/exhaust? Would you recommend chaning at least the dp/mp and using a 4" to 3" coupler to mate to the exhaust or changing out the whole setup to a 4"? I would appreciate all info.

It would be helpful to hear from owners that moved up from 3" to 4" with the bigger turbos and dynoed before and after. Thanks.

there is no need to change the exhaust system from 3" to 4" at 26 PSI even not with the 74mm 0.81 A/R,

you would just see small gains at that boost level,

I personally would keep the 3" system, its not that loud and it isnt sitting close to the ground and power will be almost the same at 26PSI, maybe everything over 800rwhp you would see huge gains with the 4"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts