Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took some pictures of the family today :)

It's amazing how quickly "big" becomes "small"... When we first got the PT88 (2nd from the right) 2 years ago we couldn't believe that we were putting that big of a turbo on a car! Now it doesn't look much bigger than the PT67GTQ (far right)... the big boy that is 2nd from the left is going on our new 2JZ project car :cool: and the fat man on the far left is going on our project Mustang :biggrin: (which used to run 8s with the "wimpy" PT88)... As we strain to hold these new monster 50lb turbos and laugh ourselves silly at their ridiculous size, I can only wonder if there will come a day when we're running turbos that will make these turbos look small as well... i hope so!! :rockon:

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
If only it would fit under the stock hood. :D it would be mine

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
i want the big one on the left and a cast manifold for my supra..lol.. jay

that 67 looks so tiny..jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the one on the far left is the PT94... it's part of Precision's "large frame series"... PT91, PT94, PT96, PT98, PT101, PT106... the PT106 is rated to 2400hp so that'll handle damn near anything you want to do... a guy recently ran 235mph in the 1/4 with two of the PT94s on a 3500lb car! that's almost 3500hp to do that... I think any of the large frames are a bit oversized for a 3.0L, but there are actually rumors of at least one well-known 2JZ guy running a 91 (from turbonetics instead) next year...

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
damn a pt106...any pics of that?

i was watcin that t88 mustang of yours take off, why do you start off in reverse?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LMBLF8 said:
i was watcin that t88 mustang of yours take off, why do you start off in reverse?
its not actually reverse... with a transbrake, you press a button to engage reverse while you're already in 1st gear... then you can floor it and it won't move forward or backward... when you let off the button, reverse goes away and you launch extremely hard... the wiring on the mustang is simple, anytime the button is pushed (whether its actual reverse or transbrake) the reverse lights come on... we street drive/race the car so functional lights are a must!

Originally posted by Craig Kingthey all look pretty small to me, only about 2 inches in diameter on my screen.
what you don't realize is that's actually a satellite photo... you don't see me standing on the impeller of the 94?? I'm that little tiny spec of black on the one blade... that should give you some perspective :p

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Induction Motorsports said:
its not actually reverse... with a transbrake, you press a button to engage reverse while you're already in 1st gear... then you can floor it and it won't move forward or backward... when you let off the button, reverse goes away and you launch extremely hard... the wiring on the mustang is simple, anytime the button is pushed (whether its actual reverse or transbrake) the reverse lights come on... we street drive/race the car so functional lights are a must!
QUOTE]

wow thanks for clearing that up for me :D sick car/turbo

·
Registered
691 Posts
screw a pen, put a 2 liter soda bottle next to it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts