Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 2JZ running a GT40 turbo, I have just installed it with an external wastegate. The wastegate I bought was a 1.5bar one.

now as far as I know the spring in the external wastegate is set to 1.5 bar, but can I not run less than 1.5 bar???

I have an HKS EVC 4 and I was under the impression that if I wanted I could set low boost at 1 bar and high boost on 1.5bar. but even if I set the boost at 0.00 its boosting to 25psi or so???

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can adjust the boost so that I can run less than 1.5 bar? with or without the EVC.

Thanks...

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Exchange that spring of the WG! Basically you should have a spring with approx. 50-70% of the desired boost level. So in other words you would nee something like a 1bar spring.
If you only connect the bottom provision to a boost source and leave the top port unconnected then you´ll see the lowest possible boost with your setup.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
ich bin ein Berliner....errrr, I mean I agree with Hefti.

The lowest boost you can get depends on the wastegate spring. The highest boost using a boost controller is roughly 2 times the wastegate spring level.

Hefti, about that "2"...is there a Hefti1 someplace?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Aha, ein Berliner? ;)
Well, to keep a long story short. I opened my GMX e-mail account 10 years ago and "Hefti" was already been used by SB else sooo I chose Hefti2 and kept the same name for simplicity for most of the forums etc. I am in :)
Are you german, Nick?

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
no...I was born in Braunau, Austria. But I've lived in the U.S. for over 50 years now.

sorry for the OT, kish...do the spring thing.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Woah, I hope to god your running race gas! If you want to control boost then get a evc(electronic valve controller) or a manual boost controller. Change your waste gate spring asap down to a .7bar spring and enjoy safe 93 octaine boost! You will not be able to go any lower then [email protected] open throttle with a 1.5 bar spring. very dangerous with pump gas!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts