Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
supraman
Joined
·
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to disconnect the warning light on the tacho, as I have pulled a fuse on the Active Aero front spoiler and the light is on all the time. Is there some way I can turn the light off? Also is it OK if I dissable the warning light?:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
According to the Apexi FMIC instructions you can overcome this by pulling out the control switch and shorting terminals 6 and 8 of the connector. Cover with insulation and push everything back into place, obvioulsy without connecting the plug back up again.

You also need to short terminals 3 and 4 of the spoilers motor connector.

HTH
Martin
 

·
supraman
Joined
·
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking of the control on/off /down switch in the dash? Where can I find the control unit for the active spoiler? And which side is the motor? Need some advice on how to do this anyone have instructions?
 
G

·
Martin F said:
According to the Apexi FMIC instructions you can overcome this by pulling out the control switch and shorting terminals 6 and 8 of the connector. Cover with insulation and push everything back into place, obvioulsy without connecting the plug back up again.

You also need to short terminals 3 and 4 of the spoilers motor connector.

HTH
Martin

Does anyone have any more info on this id like to get my warning light off also please, i need firm details and if possible pictures to show me what to do.

someone help please :eek: :eek: hehe ;)
 

·
supraman
Joined
·
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pulled the bulb on the tacho out!! Fixed the problem! Its a little complicated to fix this at the ACTIVE SPOILER ECU if you are looking at using the spoiler on manual up/down mode. Besides no one could help me with the wiring.:)
 
G

·
Well i totally removed my stock lip, motor and everything and i still have warning light on since the cable to the motor is disconected. how or what do i do to make the ECU think i have the motor still there? removing the light bulb isnt something i look forward to do.

can i shortwire the cable? do i need to do something else first ?
please guys i know theres a bunch of you out there that have this fixed, share some love :)

/Anders
 
G

·
If you remove the active spoiler ecu, you'll get rid if the light.
It's situated ontop of the ABS ECU, on the transmission tunnel behind the stereo.

More info here
 
G

·
randy said:
I pulled the bulb on the tacho out!! Fixed the problem! Its a little complicated to fix this at the ACTIVE SPOILER ECU if you are looking at using the spoiler on manual up/down mode. Besides no one could help me with the wiring.:)
Bad move.
Thats the MIL light . It isn't just for the spoiler, its the warning light for many things incl low brake fluid level.
Put the bulb back and disconnect the active spoiler ecu
 

·
Supra owner
Joined
·
421 Posts
do1 said:
Bad move.
Thats the MIL light . It isn't just for the spoiler, its the warning light for many things incl low brake fluid level.
Indeed, very badly considered move
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top