Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Take it!
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People of Supraforums! I have a question for you all! How can I run at 10 psi? Can I just grab a catback exhaust and some fuel upgrades or do i still have to buy a boost controller? I dont plan on running at high boost, but I just want enough? Plz give me your advice and feedback! It would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
A good running turbo should produce 10psi naturally with the following mods:

Intake
Catback
Downpipe
Test pipe or high flow cat
Elbow or downpipe w/ elbow

I was getting close to 11psi back in the day when I was on stock turbo. No boost controller, no fuel mods. Just those things and you should get real close.

Oh and of course a boost gauge. Otherwise you'll never know what you hit :)

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
I have all that and a rebuilt motor! And only hit around 8psi.....maybe it is 10 psi and my blitz mech. boost gauge is reading a shy above .5 bar....lol and then my stock gauge sucks butt....so maybe I am at 10psi???

Man i need more boost.....about 13lbs would do me, just to get around 330+hp

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a Blitz CB, Titan DPw/ elbow, 3"TP,Apexi intake,255FP, ADJ fuel regulator and I hit 10 all day long with no problems. Except for that damn blue smoke coming out the end. Even with the Profec 2 turned off it still hits 10PSI with no hessitation.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You need to define if you want to do it cheaply or are you willing to spend the money to produce 10 reliable without fear of stressing parts. Cheapest is shims. MBC or EBC would be two next steps up and get you producing 10, anything more and your going to want to do what trent said make the car breath better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts