Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, friend of mine is interested in purchasing a MKIV that is a single turbo, with only 50k miles, auto. He wants to know if it was once an NA and they just dropped a motor into it, also was there a difference in the Automatics between the TT and NA?? Heres the vin if anybody has carfax and can help him out. Thanks VIN JT2JA82J1R0011715

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Sooco100pf said:
On the 7th number a 2 is turbo, a 1 would be a non-turbo

Therefore this vin is a turbo targa top
That is not correct. Mine has a 2 in the 7th digit and it is definetly a NA, or was...

They all say JZA80 :doh:

Carfax...
Nah, mang. They used the cheap stuff for the n/a model. Even if it's got the GTE, it's still a shitbox N/A!!

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
the way i check to see if cars are NA or TT, check the interior. The trac button is not avail on NA`s
Then ask if the trac fuse is pulled, and if it has been, they're should be a amber TRAC light on in the car (i believe) also, NA`s shouldent have a trac fuse. Also, brakes which are easy. do a burnout, all TT`s have LSD, where few NA`s do, and uhhhh i think thats all i can think of for now.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
on left side in engine bay near intake check for square box.
If square its a TT.

·
Pick it up 141!
179 Posts
Call your local toyota dealership and they will verify if the car is n/a, turbo, 6spd or an automatic...... They will even tell you the original color if the car has been painted to a different color..... It's easy as that! Just give them your Vin#

I hope this helps you newbies! LOL

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
look for smaller brakes!

·
Registered
305 Posts
That car is turbo, targa, AT, Renaissance Red, production date is 9/93

Thats straight out of my toyota computer here at work.

·
Supraman Vs. Mista-T
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That car is turbo, targa, AT, Renaissance Red, production date is 9/93

Thats straight out of my toyota computer here at work.
Bingo!!! Thanks for the help everyone. Its that Red one with the CF trunk and Hood being sold in cerriotos, ca outta the autotrader.
He wants to paint that beard thing red if he does get it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts