Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure this is the vsv valve??? anyways how can i bypass this?? will a simple resistor work? if i am wrong about this being a vsv valve pleasehelp me out as i have to fix this little thing already. Thanks

i know one hose goes to the throttle body but where does that other hose go? lol

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anotherpic -

·
N/A Power
520 Posts
Xdreamer said:
I am pretty sure this is the vsv valve??? anyways how can i bypass this?? will a simple resistor work? if i am wrong about this being a vsv valve pleasehelp me out as i have to fix this little thing already. Thanks

i know one hose goes to the throttle body but where does that other hose go? lol
are you removing the egr?
not shure for the 2j but...
just blocking whatever is left works for the 7m, or at least for me.
no resistor, nothing

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
X,

It's the vsv for the evaporative emissions control system that's linked to the charcoal canister and fuel system: http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/ncf/ncf93/ncf070.jpg

The second vacuum line goes to the charcoal canister. If your stock ECU is still in place and you haven't messed with the vapor line from the tank to the charcoal canister, then I'd leave it in place and functioning. Otherwise, plug both lines to the VSV and also plug purge port A in the figure above.

-scott

P.S. What's with the steel braided vacuum line to the stock fpr shown in the first picture? That's *not* required and (uh-hum) kinda tacky IMO.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok that line it actually looks good when the motor is together ... anyways i am not running the charcoal canister anymore. If i just unplug it willnt it throw a engine code or cause p0roblems in the ecu likerunning safemode? i just need a little more info i was told that right way was to use a resistor but i dont know which one but if i could just unplugit that would be great but for some reason i dont think thats the case. Thanks guys.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Just leaving the hoses off of the vsv for sure won't throw any codes. I'm pretty sure I just tossed the vsv also, and it didn't throw any codes then either.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will doing that throw off anything in the ecu>? like a/f? fuel pressure etc it has to do somehting lol . Thanks Dave.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
It's just emissions crap. I'll take Scott's word that it's for the charcoal canister (I can't remember), and as long as that is the case all it does is vent gas tank fumes back into the intake manifold. It is not tied back into the ECU in anyway (nor does the ECU read anything about what the charcoal can does). Unhook it and fine out for sure, but I'm 99% sure you won't get a code.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yep its for the evap system- the valve it tied back into the ecu but i dont know anything past that . i will just bypass it it unles si can find a resistor that will makethe ecu think the vlaveit there and wrorking likeit should. here a diagram of it. if any one else has ideas let me know.

this says its bypass's a small amount of the vapor back into the intake manifold.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
The vsv is operated by the ECU, but the ECU just send a signal to it to open or close (grounds the circuit I believe). The ECU does not care if it's signal actual actuates anything.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
k i wasnt sure if that was the case . thanks for clearing it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts