Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay hookers. I already got the info straight from the source.

Yep, Sure do! Part # 11-5070 is an 8 point roll bar and # 11-5570 is the 10
point roll cage for the 87-92 Supra
8 and ten point bars for our car. 150 for an 8 and 220 bucks for a 10. I do beleive this is the cheapest setup out there. I think the next closest is over 350 bucks for just a 4 point.

I'll be picking up an 8 point (along with gussets) after I move into my new appt complex. I'll be sure to have pictures.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice find.

I just noticed that the 11-5070 is listed as the honda civic one on their site. Did they give you the correct #? The 10-point number isn't listed.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Good find. Too bad they aren't SCCA legal (would have to be at least 1.75" diameter -- those are 1.625")

They are NHRA legal though 1-5/8" X .118 thickness is the requirement...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
man thats a good deal, i may have found something to do for winter break, btw what is required to install those bars? any welding or straight bolt up? aight then peace

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm betting they could use 1.75 if you asked them. Wouldn't imagine the price would be that much more. I'll email to find out and let yall know.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waitaminute, they are 1.75

S&W 1-3/4"x.134" wall mild steel roll bars are precision bent for each particular body style and feature notched tube ends (where applicable) for ease of installation
It's the conversion kit and the parts of the cage that go along the roof/windshield that are 1 5/8. The 8 point should work just fine for SCCA.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
roll cages make your car look faster, and no one would want to race you. dont have a roll cage if your car aint that fast. but extra safety why not.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
oh wow....that's WAY cheaper than autopower. the 8 pts should be SCCA legal too.

out- LMK how your transaction goes, etc. if it goes well i'm ordering!

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry bout the full box.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm still about 2-3 months out from it though. holidays + moving = short on cash & time.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
np man. i was just PMin you what i posted...

2-3 mo?!?! crap. looks like i might have to beta test it. i assume its a weld it yourself deal?

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure it's a weld in. Summit has generic bolt in kits if you want to go the other route.

I wouldn't be able to get it till like feb. I'm moving in acouple days, then going on leave in jan. Heh, I guess you get to tell me how it goes.

I just noticed that the 11-5070 is listed as the honda civic one on their site. Did they give you the correct #? The 10-point number isn't listed.
Double check that. None of the honda numbers match what he gave me. I'm pretty sure he gave me the right numbers. None of the numbers he gave me are listed on that page.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm almost positive it's a weld together. They talk about notched tube ends and I'm not sure how they would ship it already welded up. I bet the smaller floor bars on the main hoop are already welded up. Haven't asked them though.

I'll be on IM when I get back from work.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Approximate weight penalty?

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

soooooooooo, the 8 pt cage is reg $149....they're having a sale of $40 off....i just paid $160 SHIPPED for an 8 pt cage.....egads.

i'll keep y'all posted on how it goes....

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay just ordered mine. I picked up the gusset pack also. Unfortunatly I'm in the "it's way expensive to ship heavy shit so far away" zone. My total with gussets shipped price was 207.15

Expected delivery date: Xmas! heh, too bad I won't be at the office to pick it up then. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts