Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C is very nice but not c-o-l-d as others and as I would like it to be.

I have the A/C tool but now I think I need a can of freon. Where's the best place to get a can or two without having to loose an arm or leg for it.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol its illegal here to refill the R-12, but theres always shops that will refill it, we gotta get it converted to R-134 to get it legally refilled, I havnet heard very good stuff about recharging the system, it usually leaks out, and it might only last, for a bit, you can get the freon from walmart, or proabbly any auto part store

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, thanks. But how do you know if you need "oil" for the system,also?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
mine is decently cool...keeps me comfortable in this south texas sun..so id say its doing its job pretty well.

also my car is R-134a Converted.

·
7M till the END
586 Posts
my ac is hotter than outside, i am using gods ac, the air, just put the windows down and targa top if its insanely hot and cool off. i am planning to do the R-134 conversion whnever i get some cash. and yeah, i live in florida, its insanely hot in here so you are all lucky if you live in the north.

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
my A/C air blows at 40-45 degrees farehieght per the TSRM at the center duct outlet. My system has also been converted to R-134a. :) BTW walmart still has the cans at less than 6 dollars but most autopart store are jacking prices up to 13.99 a can!!! :eek: i am stocking up.

G

·
i don't think it's illegal to fill, just discontinued. My dad's '85 chevy van didn't have a problem to find a fill, and it was the old r12

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well i'm off to Walmart tomorrow to get some R12!

Can someone give a shout out on the conversion to R134a?

·
Registered
6,942 Posts
Supra469 said:
Well i'm off to Walmart tomorrow to get some R12!

Can someone give a shout out on the conversion to R134a?
lol

noooo

walmart does NOT sell R-12. You have to be EPA certified AND registered to sell r-12.
They do sell r-134a.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.