Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this would require a billet head, probably longer crank and custom cams. But all these are made custom already anyway. Surely it's nothing that couldn't be done by current after market manufactures.

Just curious as I know it's a bit insane, but why wouldn't it work. a 4.0 2jz would perhaps be like driving a 3.0 with pre-spool nitrous but still, just curious on peoples thoughts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The closer the bores get to each other and the closer they get to the edge of the block, the weaker the engine becomes.

If you are talking about lengthening the bore spacing, then you need custom everything and it's no longer a 2jz. Custom everything and prices go up orders of magnitude.

If you want a 4.0 inline 6 just get a Barra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea man, bore distance.

Well, using a 2jz design and just changing something like bore spacing would still utilise the pathway shape aside from a slight tweak. Whereas a whole new engine would have different flow routes and likely sound so different it would just be worth using a 1uz.

We do so many things that you could say, it's not really a 2jz anymore. Like a 3.4 stroker. Is it still a 2jz? Or using a billet block. Still using so many of the components, I wouldn't say spacing bores would be that different. But yeah agree on the price. Just surprised no ones tried it with the design of a billet block.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Instead of barra I’ve seen people using Vortec 4200. It’s the Chevy inline 6, not sure what kind of power they hold but the head definitely flows well. 4.2L 6 makes more power than 4.8 LS.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You do realize that the drivetrain was engineered for a small inline motor with medium torque? Increasing the low end torque massive amounts will crush every drivetrain part in the car. Just line 'em up and knock 'em down. Then get out your wallet.

Not to mention, with the traction issues it would give you, you will either be pedaling the car all the time, or have traction control engaged full time. After all that, what did that extra low end torque give you?

Al

·
Registered
94 Posts
Man all I want is a billet head w/cam followers. Fully built race head $15k, still doesn’t flow amazing comparatively speaking, and still can use what I would call an aggressive cam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts