Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys.. pardon my ignorance. I live in New Zealand, so we don't see too many Supra's, let alone TT's around. My question is quite simple. Which is more common, the targa or hardtop, in righthand drive, TT.

I'm planning on buying a TT Supra by the end of our summer, and I will most likely have to import it. Targa's look like my cup of tea, and I was wondering how common they are.

Cheers

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Targa's are realllly common, Hard tops are rare. Although right hand drive, I'm not sure.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm.. that's interesting, because I have seen a few supra's here, in New Zealand, and they have all been hardtop.

Maybe this is different because of righthand drive?

Does anyone know?

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Hardtops are more common in all countries but the USA. In the US, the hardtop is the rare model, and the one that people like me care about. :)

Steve T.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Yeah, I believe that everywhere besides the US (and maybe the UK?) that the targa was much more rare.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'm quite interested in Targas - because there arent many, but hardtops do it for me too :)

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
EAT THAT STEVE T. !!! lol jk ;) :bigthumb:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you wont need to import, ive had the oppurtunity to pick up several TT's .. although you'll be hardpressed to find a Targa (ive seen 1 targa for sale in the country in the last 4 months of daily searching.. and that was a N/A)...

if you're looking @ importing one, go to www.ltsa.co.nz and look at the headache of laws implace to make importing difficult :/
forget anything pre96...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only Targas you will see in the UK are imported.

ALL UK domestic Supras were Hardtops. In Japan, the Targas were only available in an Auto-Tranny.

Needless to say, a 6-speed Targa in the UK would be worth a small fourtune. :D

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
LOL! That pretty much sums it up then...the Japanese obviously feel the same way that I do about targas! :)

Steve T.

Supra Jay said:
...In Japan, the Targas were only available in an Auto-Tranny...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts