Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into the best way to do it, No option seems smart.

Cans = Rubbish
Chrome dipping places = Million bucks to chrome dip it
BUY A DIY KIT??? That still cost a couple hundred

but seriously how did you re-do you're chrome rings? I'm doing x2 pairs of headlights re-done to s2, Going to do it Black bumper coating for the background, Can't figure out how i'm going to do these chrome rings.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah i've seen that also, Does not look that good IMO :( Only reason i have not done it, Same with going all black.

On a good note, You're supra is fucking mean looking!
haha thanks man! im rebuilding the whole car now so i may make a build thread when i have the extra time.

Reactions: jdm-rhd

·
Administrator
11,380 Posts
There is a guy in Washington state that does from what I've seen the best restoration on 97-98 headlight bezels. I've contacted him for mkiv bezels to re plastic chrome the rings and repaints the housings the oem color, his lead time however is 6-8 weeks or more due to him being a busy one man show. Cost is $250 for both bezels, thats not including shipping to him and back to you. Also he doesn't open the lights and remove the bezels, you need to do that. Also package them extremely well, they are delicate and WILL break if you don't. You will then be out $950 for new lights as no individual pieces are sold by toyota. Good idea if you have a backup set of used you want redone.

Matt

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking into the best way to do it, No option seems smart.

Cans = Rubbish
Chrome dipping places = Million bucks to chrome dip it
BUY A DIY KIT??? That still cost a couple hundred

but seriously how did you re-do you're chrome rings? I'm doing x2 pairs of headlights re-done to s2, Going to do it Black bumper coating for the background, Can't figure out how i'm going to do these chrome rings.
I have the same question and am also looking for recommendations/assistance. The chrome painted rings on my lights is turning rust color and ideally I'd like to go with black with chrome or brushed stainless colored rings when I restore my headlights. I even thought about having them completely chromed because I'm curious how it would look, but I am working to restore her back to factory original so black with the silver rings would be optimal.

I find it hard to believe that there's no place that does metal silver rings that would be added after painting using adhesive. I see plenty of those lighted halo lights, but that's not what I'm looking for...

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I've been on this forum a while, shame with the re-vamp old posts got deleted. But I actually make replacement rings for the UK scene. I'm just a hobbyist, but sent loads over the pond to you guys.

I'm a tiny seller, I'm going to post on the newbie section get some advice on how I can provide this service to you guys without being banned or something silly like that.

The rings I make are stainless steel formed, then polished. Please don't PM me if you want any as I don't want to get into trouble, I don't think I can sell anything on here without permission.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts