Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the best way to do it, No option seems smart.

Cans = Rubbish
Chrome dipping places = Million bucks to chrome dip it
BUY A DIY KIT??? That still cost a couple hundred

but seriously how did you re-do you're chrome rings? I'm doing x2 pairs of headlights re-done to s2, Going to do it Black bumper coating for the background, Can't figure out how i'm going to do these chrome rings.

·
Registered
246 Posts
most people that refinish the lights paint the rings really bright silver from what i have seen.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i've seen that also, Does not look that good IMO :( Only reason i have not done it, Same with going all black.

On a good note, You're supra is fucking mean looking!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah i've seen that also, Does not look that good IMO :( Only reason i have not done it, Same with going all black.

On a good note, You're supra is fucking mean looking!
haha thanks man! im rebuilding the whole car now so i may make a build thread when i have the extra time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha thanks man! im rebuilding the whole car now so i may make a build thread when i have the extra time.
Damm man sounds like alot of work :) Best of luck man, that color is a beauty! I've got a red supra i'm thinking of putting the TRD wing on it, i think you're car just made me decide to do so, Looks awesome!

·
Administrator
8,796 Posts
There is a guy in Washington state that does from what I've seen the best restoration on 97-98 headlight bezels. I've contacted him for mkiv bezels to re plastic chrome the rings and repaints the housings the oem color, his lead time however is 6-8 weeks or more due to him being a busy one man show. Cost is $250 for both bezels, thats not including shipping to him and back to you. Also he doesn't open the lights and remove the bezels, you need to do that. Also package them extremely well, they are delicate and WILL break if you don't. You will then be out $950 for new lights as no individual pieces are sold by toyota. Good idea if you have a backup set of used you want redone.

Matt

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
Held up fine for 3+ years. It's still silver but a much higher luster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts