Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Pearl White Turbo R154
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I've seen pictures of AEM gauges in stock position. However, now that I have my cluster pulled apart, I can't find any to reference. So I've run into a couple of issues. First is getting the gauge mounted and secured. Here is a picture of the back of the gauge and where I want it to go. Is it possible to drill through the plastic and mount it from the back without destrying the green filament on the back?
The second issue is routing my electronics and pressure cable/sensor. I was thinking I could run them through the hole for light that goes behind the stock gauge. However, I can't quite fit the pressure harness through the hole. I was thinking I could open it up a little wider but I don't want to damage the green electronic filament (don't know the proper name for it) on the back.
Is it possible to do this without ruining that plastic electronic thing on the back? And then for the vaccum line I figured I'd just hook it up to the stock line. If anyone has any expereince with this or could provide some insight it would be much apprecciated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
The green soft circuit board can be removed to give you room to work. Remove all of the bulbs and screws and gently lift it up from around the little plastic dowels.

As far as getting the gauge mounted and wiring in place, you're on your own. Custom work like that is, well, custom.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The green soft circuit board can be removed to give you room to work. Remove all of the bulbs and screws and gently lift it up from around the little plastic dowels.

As far as getting the gauge mounted and wiring in place, you're on your own. Custom work like that is, well, custom.
Ok great thank you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In case is anyone is wondering I got it in. It was a PITA though. I ended up running the vacuum line through the fire wall by the throttle cable. I just had to remove the grommet. Then I wired it up through the cigarette lighter. In order to make it fit in the dash I had to remove the faceplate on the gauge so it doesn't look quite as nice as I had hoped. But nonetheless its in and functional.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts