Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you install the dvd player so that it can play with the parking brake down?
i know there is someting you do with the power and ground cord going to the PB but i can't remember exactly.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
depending on what unit it is...and if it required a sequence or not, You would hook up the parking brake wire to a switch oppsed to hookiing it up to the actual parking brake.
Then youd put the other lead of that switch to a ground, this way when you press the switch it grounds the wire.
If that unit your using required a sequence you do the sequence using the switch instead of the parking brake.

For example, my alpine screen IVA-D300, i need to..

press switch, hit and hold foot brake. Let go of switch, press switch again, then let go of foot brake, and then that releases the security.

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out, it was easier than I thought. Just don't hook up the wire :). Thanks for your help though.

My other question is where is the switch or wire that recieves power when you put the car into reverse?

573 Posts
pane2k said:
depending on what unit it is...and if it required a sequence or not, You would hook up the parking brake wire to a switch oppsed to hookiing it up to the actual parking brake.
Then youd put the other lead of that switch to a ground, this way when you press the switch it grounds the wire.
If that unit your using required a sequence you do the sequence using the switch instead of the parking brake.

For example, my alpine screen IVA-D300, i need to..

press switch, hit and hold foot brake. Let go of switch, press switch again, then let go of foot brake, and then that releases the security.
I have a TR7 laying around that would fix your problems :) No more hokie-pokie with the brake and e-brake. Just LMK.

Justin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts