Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on the forum and have a 94 Supra with a T61 p.58 and a 70 hp shot of Nos. Car runs 11.6s at 125.3 at 5000' elev. at 1.85 60 foots. Should be 1.60s. M/T streets 11.5" wide on 16" rims with 13 psi. I drop the clutch at 5000 grand? Any recommendations.:confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
chrisrj said:
I am new on the forum and have a 94 Supra with a T61 p.58 and a 70 hp shot of Nos. Car runs 11.6s at 125.3 at 5000' elev. at 1.85 60 foots. Should be 1.60s. M/T streets 11.5" wide on 16" rims with 13 psi. I drop the clutch at 5000 grand? Any recommendations.:confused:

·
Registered
458 Posts
You could ride the clutch out instead of dropping it. Also you could try messing with your suspension geometry some. Remember, the Supra suspension isn't the best thing for drag racing...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The man: the answer to your question is these are 26x11.5x16 ET streets with a 9.7" tread width. They fit fine in the wheel wells and the BBS wheels just touched the calipers. We ground the calipers slightly and no more rubbing.
I have been told that Weld has a 15" wheel that will fit on the TT'S if you install the N/A calipers on the back. Then you can use a true slick then.
Slipping the clutch was all I could come up with too, but how do I alter the suspension geometry??:confused:
PS my mph is over 125 and that should be good for a high 10 with a 1.50+ 60 foot.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'll have a set of the Welds (Pro Stars) with 15x10x26 MT slicks here early next week. Suppose to be no rubbing with the n/a rear calipers.... I'll let you know how they fit.

I got a 1.72 60' out of BFG Drag Radials, it takes a lot of practice slipping the clutch just right, and a bit of luck.

chrisrj said:
The man: the answer to your question is these are 26x11.5x16 ET streets with a 9.7" tread width. They fit fine in the wheel wells and the BBS wheels just touched the calipers. We ground the calipers slightly and no more rubbing.
I have been told that Weld has a 15" wheel that will fit on the TT'S if you install the N/A calipers on the back. Then you can use a true slick then.
Slipping the clutch was all I could come up with too, but how do I alter the suspension geometry??:confused:
PS my mph is over 125 and that should be good for a high 10 with a 1.50+ 60 foot.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SILVERTT---NOT WITH TWINS AT 5000+ FOOT ELEVATION HERE IN ALBUQUERQE!!!! I HAVE A SINGLE TURBO!! AND THAT IS AT A 1.85 60 FOOT. AT A 1.50 THAT WOULD BE A 10.9!!:p
DAVEH DO LET ME KNOW BECAUSE THAT IS THE NEXT STEP, AND I GUESS SLIPPING THE CLUTCH IS THE ONLY WAY. GOOD LUCK ON 10S!!! WHAT KIND TO TURBO DO YOU HAVE???

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah and I don't like slipping the clutch either, gotta drop the tranny a lot more often to replace the disk and fix the hot spots, but that's what most people do. And of course slipping it means there is less stress on the tranny internals, especially running cheaters or slicks...

As far as the geometry, you can change every aspect of a Supra's suspension because it's designed to be an awesome GT class racecar. So since it's independant rear suspension you want to make sure that when it squats off the launch the toe and camber and all that jazz are letting the tires remain in the best contact with the pavement. That is why the fastest Supras (Paisley, Vin10) are running true drag-style non-independant back-half rears like the old-school muscle-cars. So they're always getting the best tire contact.

You can have an 800 hp Supra that you can't get to run 11s because the suspension setup is shit, and I know of a guy out there who's been palgued with that exact problem.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theman that may be something to look at. My ET street are wearing more on the inside and the rear tires do camber out. The outside edges are like new. thx for the help. :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yep, that's standard tire wear on just about every stock suspensioned supra. It does that so that when you're in a corner it actually keeps more tire contacting. The car was designed to be an all around performer and keep up with the likes of Ferraris and such, not really run down the 1320 and embarras the live axled mustangs and cameros, although it does that as well usually:D

No problemo, that's what we're all here for... Now if someone would just answer my Greddy Pulley Kit belt size question:rolleyes:

A
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well you seem to be discussing at length ways to overcome wheel spin and the answer is traction control and launch control. Would you not agree?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alex, we arent disregarding your posts cause we dont think it works. We just have the option of having a little box that does almost the exact same thing for $200. Phillip Long's 2step for our cars is BADASS. I do like the idea of ya'lls WOT shifting but cant see spending that much money for safer power shifting.

Chris, do you have a 2step? Are you spraying out of the hole? I've been able to get a few 1.8's on stock twins with a 2step and BFG DR's. I am wanting to get juice so I can just engage the clutch, spray and be gone. The biggest part though is practice. I've made well over 300 launches at the track. Less than 20 of them have been in the 7's(only 1/8mile here) but I just keep getting better. Email if you have any more questions. Good luck, 6spds are a bitch to learn to launch:)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Give us some info on better 60 foots ie traction!!!:)

A
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brad - so how does this 2 stepper works? How does it limit revs, ingition I'd imagine? I doubt it's a compareable system but if it does what you want then why not.

Alex

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hold down a button, floor it, the car stutters at the desired rpm and makes ~7psi at the line, slip the clutch a bit, let off the button=1.8 60' on good, hot drag radials

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i pulled a 1.72 and then a 1.71 on the very next run.
i can pull consistent 1.7's 60' on 275 bfg's, a T88, and 1.6 bar of boost with the 2-step and no NOS on my 6-speed. i get no tire spin with my method of launching right now so maybe i can launch at a higher rpm...

i'm just wondering if the phillip long's 2step causes timing retard because the ECU gets a check engine light. error #14 , ignition circuit error. the 2step makes launching and my r/t's(in the mid to low .5X's now) a lot more consistent.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts