Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Money Talks...
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sure can't figure it out. And can you take them apart and clean them inside of having to buy new ones?
 

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
Joined
·
10,459 Posts

·
Money Talks...
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badmuthrfkr said:
I just removed and am about to clean my headlights. :)
Damn, I think thats the nicest thing i've ever seen you type. :D ;) I went and tryed to take mine out and got all the screws out and messed with it for 20mins and never could get it out. WTF??!
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
Screamin LS1 SS said:


Damn, I think thats the nicest thing i've ever seen you type. :D ;) I went and tryed to take mine out and got all the screws out and messed with it for 20mins and never could get it out. WTF??!
:D

I had some problem too. Here is how to do it:

Between the two headlights in the center is that black rubber strip. Peel it up, there is a little black tab on each end that helps keep it in place, after you undo those, it just peels out. Then unscrew the 5 tabs maybe under it. Remove that metal strip. This now allows flex in your bumper to get the lights out. Make sure you disconnected the lightwiring too. Just give it some lovin' and the lights will come out.

I also did the 9005 conversion on my lowbeams today too. Gives you 70% more light. If you want to do that as well let me know.
 

·
Money Talks...
Joined
·
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, Well I couldn't stand it, So I went outside around 11:30 and took the drivers side headlight out. The whole thing is sitting in my lap right now. How the heck do you take this thing apart? Is there screws or something? Sorry about the 1000 questions, but I'm just a little lost here. :confused:
 

·
boost is good
Joined
·
772 Posts
badmuthrfkr said:

I also did the 9005 conversion on my lowbeams today too. Gives you 70% more light. If you want to do that as well let me know.
how did you do that? i wouldnt mind having some extra light outta my low beams.

also anyone that does the headlight cleaning make sure you get a good seal back on the lens so they dont leak. i had to redo mine a couple times before i got them good and tight. now i have to take them out AGAIN cause i want to paint the chrome housing black like the 97+ ones have:rolleyes:
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
Screamin LS1 SS said:
Alright, Well I couldn't stand it, So I went outside around 11:30 and took the drivers side headlight out. The whole thing is sitting in my lap right now. How the heck do you take this thing apart? Is there screws or something? Sorry about the 1000 questions, but I'm just a little lost here. :confused:
Pop off the copper clips, you will then see the joint where they are bonded. I put mine in the oven for 9 minutes at 200 degrees. I used a small flat head to get the prying started all across the headlight, stuck it back in the oven again for 6 minutes then used a bigger screw driver, then I muscled it apart. :)

Andy, check this link for the 9005 mod: http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/More_light.htm
 

·
« f ï z z | ë »
Joined
·
761 Posts
what is the 9005 conversion? is that where you can have all three lights on at the same time?

edit: whoops, just saw the link. my bad. lateZ
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top