Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the Greddy 60mm boost gauge with peak hold warning and need to know how to hook up a warning buzzer to it? Please help with where the buzzer wire gets hooked up? :)

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, brittany it did not come with one built in. But I want to use an external buzzer with volume control. I know some guys have hooked this up inc Steve J. I need to know what wires go where? :D

·
3,148 Posts
I replied to your e-mail.

Later, Steve

·
0 Posts
I want to know how to do that as well. I'd actually like to use it for my EGT gauge, though.

Steve?

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Me too! Send the instructions on or else post here. Thanks.

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
I'm not sure about the Greddy gauges. But my APEXi EL gauges have a buzzer wire coming out of the wireing harness. All you have to do is hook a relay up to that wire and hook the buzzer up to the other side of the relay. (And power and ground of corse.) The relay will trigger the buzzer with out drawing too much current through the gauge.

Y

·
0 Posts
randy said:
I am installing the Greddy 60mm boost gauge with peak hold warning and need to know how to hook up a warning buzzer to it? Please help with where the buzzer wire gets hooked up? :)

hook the poss wire of the buzzer to the yellow wire on the wiring harness of the gauge and the ground wire to ground and you should be fine

Y

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: How do I hook up the buzzer for the boost gauge?

yamaman22 said:

hook the poss wire of the buzzer to the yellow wire on the wiring harness of the gauge and the ground wire to ground and you should be fine

sorry I'm backwards the yellow wire is your ground..

·
3,148 Posts
The yellow wire to the ground for your buzzer and a 12 source to the positive wire on your buzzer.

Later, Steve

·
supraman
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steve, Thanks for clearing the confusion! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts