Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a nitrous kit (wet kit) came with no instructions and i need to know where i can get some info on how to install it onto my supra.

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
If you dont have a good education behind working on motors and setting this kind of thing up, I'd have it done professionally. You dont want something like this to have been put in wrong, and then risking your motor for a stupid mistake. Anyways, GL.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SupaSupraSE said:
If you dont have a good education behind working on motors and setting this kind of thing up, I'd have it done professionally. You dont want something like this to have been put in wrong, and then risking your motor for a stupid mistake. Anyways, GL.
:werd:

Atleast have someone who knows what they're doing watch over you.

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
I agree, and for the love of GOD make sure your fuel system is working correctly!!

·
trubo spura
393 Posts
Overall it's not a complicated concept, but you run into complications on installs, and that's almost always going to happen. I installed nitrous on my 99 Toyota Solara 5spd recently, so all the little bumps in the install road are fresh in mind.

I'd have an extra mode of transportation handy to get to an autoparts store, I had to make two trips. But before you start the install, make sure you don't have platinum spark plugs, I have NGK iridium IX's in my car. Make sure all your lines are secure, and that whatever way you tap the fuel system that it's secure. Also, as I don't yet know a lot about Supras and am still learning a lot, so I'm not sure if it is, but I would agree to make sure your fuel system is up to par. You don't want to draw too much fuel from going to your rail to spray with the N20 and go lean. Just before goin with too high of a shot, make sure your fuel pump and lines can handle it. Be sure to carefully consider the angles and mounting points so everythign lines up without kinking any lines, make sure everything runs freely as is can so you get the best flow possible (this includes making sure the jet is going as straight into the manifold as possible). Be careful when installing not to let any dirt or anything get inside any lines. Make sure if you're mounting a WOT switch that it is nice and secure, I ghouth mine was and it dislodged itself, and when it's not in place... no spray. Also, when you mount the bottle, it's easy to forget the way you have to mount it, make sure the dip tube (should be on the side of the bottle with the fitting the line attaches to) is facing down and toward the back of your car. With a hatchback you're also going to want to get a blowdown tube (must be installed with the bottle empty) or you probably won't get past tech at most tracks.

I figured I'd just give a few tips as I'm sure that install guide will help you plenty. Other than that make sure it looks clean, and have some fun with your little switch of power.

-chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts