Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i baught this ssq used so i was trying to figure out how to install it... i tryied putting it where the first rubber hose from the 3000pipe is but it doesnt have enuff clerance(hits the hood)

any one know if this is even welded into the right place?

do i need to get another flange to weld it or what?

and YES the paint is chipping off...

heres the pics...

sorry you had to see my skinny hands but the dam thing just wont balance itself lol...

·
got sup
1,553 Posts
was it used on a mk3 to me it doesnt look like it, if it did they may have made ic pipes that go down and under ( not sure if is even possible)

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skeeter019 said:
was it used on a mk3 to me it doesnt look like it, if it did they may have made ic pipes that go down and under ( not sure if is even possible)
yeah thats what i was thinking bout... but since it was posted on the mk3 for sale section i thought it was for an mk3....

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Get it cut off with the flange and all. Then have it welded to a new pipe preferably one with a similar shape to one of your stock ic pipes.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
that is not a mkiii pipe. it is from another car or he used on his 7m off the ic outlet and not under the hood.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ridah said:
Get it cut off with the flange and all. Then have it welded to a new pipe preferably one with a similar shape to one of your stock ic pipes.

dam i was afraid of that.. ohweell looks like ill be buying xt32's ssq piping...

thanks guys

·
Registered
689 Posts
i'd use a hacksaw, cut off the pipe to the left, and fit it between your 3000 pipe and the previous pipes, get the rest of the pipe you need made at a muffler shop, use the old hoses to connect it all

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would not know if it is a 1jz pipe could be but it looks like it many go on the side of the IC inside the fender or attach right at the snorkel that goes thru the fender.

If you need to remove it you can remove the bell of the bov by removing the allen screws recessed in the front. You will notice every other one is slightly recessed more than the others. I think it is the ones that are higher and not as deep to remove to get the bell off so you can get to the clip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts