Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well how do i do it im removing my tranny and this is the one thing on the directions from the TRSM that i cant figure out. Any help thanx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Go get a haynes or search. I used haynes my first time takin it out. But either way. Just drop the bolts holding the carrier bearing up against the car, (cant remember if its 2 or 4, think its just 2 bolts) and just pull it out. You can take it off at the rear too, but I didnt. Either way. If tsrm dont work, get a haynes or search. Common topic. I only answered cause I hate seeing people flame but never answer. good luck with the work anywho.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did search "remove propellar shaft" and nothing came up. I already droped the carrier bearing and yes it was two. So it just those 4 bolts right there that i have to undo and then it should pull out?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah, once the carrier bearing is hanging just pull it out, wiggle it, whatever. the driveshaft will sag and just yank it out of the tranny.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its technically many peices but you dont need to worry about all that, as for your purposes its once big peice. Once the bearing is loose, you can man-handle the driveshaft out of the tranny as a unit. then just angle it to the side, (gotta love multi-peice drieshafts) and move on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so the four bolts holding it to the other part of the driveshaft do not need to be undone?

And thank you in advance this should be a sticky because TRSM sucks at explaining it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
All you need is the 2 bolts holding the bearing up. Leave it attached to the rear end, its not in the way really. But like I said. Spend 15 bucks at Autozone and get a haynes, it did a pretty good job explaining this part, and you can then compare it to tsrm to figure out future projects.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
All you need is the 2 bolts holding the bearing up. Leave it attached to the rear end, its not in the way really. But like I said. Spend 15 bucks at Autozone and get a haynes, it did a pretty good job explaining this part, and you can then compare it to tsrm to figure out future projects.
Well not to barge in on the conversation that you two lovely people seem to be having, but i don't want you completely steering this person in the wrong direction.

He wants to REMOVE the driveshaft. To do that you have to remove the 4 bolts that connect it to the differential as well. Who knows what his intents and purposes are, just that he needs to remove the driveshaft which entails a total of 6 bolts, 2 from the carrier bearing, 4 at the rear end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts