Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u havr to twist them as in are they screwd in ...i was told that i could yous a flat head or an adjusting tool ... i was explained to me that they are able to be done at home with little tools needed

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,941 Posts

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
shims and buckets are pretty common in overhead cam style import motors, so any good import or machine shop should be able to take care of this for you.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The shims are not adjustable, you have to install different size shims to adjust the valves

"Oh" thats not what you meant?" "oh sorry stupid me, I thought you meant adujustable shims, Sorry,......HeHE HEha!*(&**%(*

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
oh heres a hint, i redid all of moine to get the clearnaces as perfect as possible.

go to a junk yard and start pulling apart old hondas, they use the same shims as toyota and have a very wide variety, by the time i was done with the junkyard i had a toolbox full of shims and it weighed around 60 pounds, but i had every size i needed in order to get my valve clearances just right.

as for adjusting

and btw, you can also get the clearance, mesure the shim, determine what size you need to be in spec, and order them from toyota, they are about 2 bucks a piece from toyota i think, but worth it if you dont want to go through a hassle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts