·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?

A

·
0 Posts
I'm just about giving up. 13 tests, lots of trip permits so far. Hoping when I get a AEM ECU I can tune it really lean and mess with the ignition timing to pass.

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
you could try making your own downpipe with some restrictive cats in it to use just for emmisions

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on greddy t-78
does stock cat fit on t-78 kit or do I need to modified to fit?
anyone?

P

·
0 Posts
put your stock exhaust back on, and use the shit in the bottle that guarentees you to pass emissions

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well if you in california, good luck. It will take alittle more than $50 around here.

leonard

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) thanx

A

·
0 Posts
If you are in Oregon (like me), they can't be bribed. Each test comes with it's own printout. They can't make extras. No amount of money will get you a fake printout.

Anybody forge documents? :) Just kidding.

Y

·
0 Posts
If you didnt pass the first time and DMV has it on rec. your screwed. But if its your first time you can shop around. some shops pass you for 100 here, some $200. I opted to pay 200 cuz I didnt want to bring in my car.

Anarkey your hopelss hahahah failed 13 [email protected] Man you sound more like a man trying to get out of rehab. Really, passing emission shouldnt be that hard.

M

·
0 Posts
AnArKey said:
If you are in Oregon (like me), they can't be bribed. Each test comes with it's own printout. They can't make extras. No amount of money will get you a fake printout.

Anybody forge documents? :) Just kidding.
Just pay them $50 to test some beater POS instead of your car. Voila, single printout with magic word "PASSED"!

A

·
0 Posts
MONSTER said:
Just pay them $50 to test some beater POS instead of your car. Voila, single printout with magic word "PASSED"!
If you have ever been to this station, you would know I'm more likely to leave with handcuffs than a passed sheet if I try and hand them money. The car in front of me, well the guy already has his pass sheet and is gone. The car behind me? He's gonna want his pass sheet. There are always three or more of the people hanging out together.

One time when I did a bunch of stuff and came REAL close (passed on 2/3, the 3rd one was 1% over the limit), they couldn't do shit for me.

Any tips on getting my car registered outside testing zones? My father has a house in the country where there are no testing requirements. But when I checked the DMV website, it states I cannot get my car registered without mail adressed to me at that address that is official in some way (phone bill, electric bill).

Short of paying my father's phone bill...any ideas?

J

·
0 Posts
If you have a DP with hi-flow cats (surely someone makes such a DP) you would pass, right?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Well for 250 bucks you can get the blue light special where your car passes smog and never leaves the garage. Then again, you have to know the right people. :)

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
poweraddict said:
put your stock exhaust back on, and use the shit in the bottle that guarentees you to pass emissions
May be a dumb question, i dont know, but whats the stuff in the bottle?

·
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think best way is to put back stock turbo on for smog then put the single back on after smog hehe j/k :D :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
AnArKey said:

If you have ever been to this station, you would know I'm more likely to leave with handcuffs than a passed sheet if I try and hand them money. The car in front of me, well the guy already has his pass sheet and is gone. The car behind me? He's gonna want his pass sheet. There are always three or more of the people hanging out together.

One time when I did a bunch of stuff and came REAL close (passed on 2/3, the 3rd one was 1% over the limit), they couldn't do shit for me.

Any tips on getting my car registered outside testing zones? My father has a house in the country where there are no testing requirements. But when I checked the DMV website, it states I cannot get my car registered without mail adressed to me at that address that is official in some way (phone bill, electric bill).

Short of paying my father's phone bill...any ideas?

This is very simple thing to get around. Just have your car registered at your father's place or anywhere there's no sniffer test required. For example, here in Clark county there is testing, but outside in certain hillbilly towns, there is none. I have a buddy that's got a 300ZX that has his registered outside at his father's place out in BFE and he's fine. If they say they need proof, just send a envelope to yourself at your father's place, it's that simple. That will prove you do get mail there!

Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts