Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising home from work last night when I realized that I was only going 70mph. :eek: I was shocked and appalled. Mustangs and Integras were passing me and I was not phased. I just cruised along in my 89 Volvo (760 Turbo) and couldn't care less. In fact, since I bought it, I don't think my beater has even seen 85 mph! Which made me wonder... am I alone? Do your drive your beater the same way you drive your Supra? Are you more reckless, or more cautious?

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
I get to used to my other cars and then i drive my Explorer and speed and almost tip the thing wayyyy too much. lol
Thinking im still in a low slung little car that can handle it. The Exploder can handler her own though. I can cruise at a steady 90+ on long trips and not even phase that thing

·
Registered
961 Posts
I drive my 91 YJ daily/beater/bush buggy pretty hard... I dont really give a fuck about it so I dont mind hitting things or running over curbs and other random shit :eek:

·
Registered
961 Posts
alloyguitar said:
ha, i had an 89 bronco II that i did that in, until i decided that i wanted a tree in my backyard moved, and that was the end of that....
:lol:

The front bumper on my YJ was a little bent... so I chained it to a big tree and put it in 4LO and bent it back by reversing the jeep:lol: Worked great :bigthumb:

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
i have a ford thunderbird for a dd and drive it normally... dont really care to floor it to much! i cruise in it but hell thats what the car is for

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
eh, depends on the day/situation.....i certainly find myself driving like grandma more often.....then again, i do the same in the supra.....someone wants to race, i just laugh....

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
stonedworm said:
:lol:

The front bumper on my YJ was a little bent... so I chained it to a big tree and put it in 4LO and bent it back by reversing the jeep:lol: Worked great :bigthumb:
I saw a pic in a 4x4 mag a few yrs ago where this dude snapped a tie rod or something so he welds in a wrench and finishes the trail..... Gotta love 'crawlers

·
2,275 Posts
I drive my 97 dakota like i stole it... Good mangnum power : :bigthumb:

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
More often than not, I drive my beater like I stole it. Sad but true. I drive the supra like a normal citizen however. When I get out of the beater into the supra, I find that I don't feel like setting new land speed records, most times I just wanna relax.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
I drive my subaru wagon like it was meant to be driven ;)

...Yeah... Like a rally car :cool:

I beat the bag out of it because , Hey its on its 3rd motor ..whats 4 gunna hurt :D

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
my 83 celica GT rust bucket with the 2.4L engine is my daily beater... I drive it like i have nothing to loose, i'll fishtale (RWD) and hit poles not too hard though, drop the clutch at any rpm, other cars will tailgate me and think it's only a celica, but then they try to pass me (of course i'm not as fast as i am in my supra) and i can either get ahead just enoughto not then them by before the next car comes up or i'll get in front of them. I do that to the bad tailgaters.
I"ll go over potholes and up on curbs, across a lawn once. i took it to the local 4x4 area and had my friend pull me out with the winch.
My girlfriend loves donughts in the dirt, i don't care about the paint at all, i go through tires in a few months, used tires are the best for that car. The supra is better on tires than this car.

Yes that is my beater, cheap on gas, cheap and insurance and WILL NOT DIE!
you have to have a beater.

The Supra I drive like a responsible adult. In the slow lane and don't get out of control because i don't want to crash it. If i feel like gunning it i wait until night.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i just chill in my 93 caddy... i love cadilliacs, its like its the cars job to make you comfortable while driving it. my supra, is not comfortable at all, and its loud. its nice having something normal to drive around.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
the Jag and i just raced our 760 turbos!

his is a '90 mines an '87! i got the jump from a 60 roll but he realed me in good then passed! after flooring it for a good 10 seconds we looked down and couldnt belive we only broke 85mph!!! LOLOLOLOL :lol:

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
i drive it like i dont want to get pulled over, unless im on a back road. i find myself speeding up for stop light so i can enjoy my 4-pot calipers. i also avoid using my brakes going around turns so i can enjoy my stock "hard" suspension. however, i make it a point to keep it UNDER 4000rpm and 80mph in 5th gear; my gas mileage is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced when i go over 4000rpm and 80pmh in 5th (4000rpm in 5th is 80mph). i basically drive it like a go-kart and avoid speeding on public roadways.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
I need to start delivering pizza in my daily POS 87 celica ST auto 1.8 liter; but I just love driving the Supra.

If gas prices reach 2.75 or higher for Prem though i am going to switch; I just can't take that big of a hit from 2.00 to 2.75 esp filling up twice a week.. Thats 80$ a week in gas alone; too much for me even if I do pull in a healthy 300 un-reported tips :lol:

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
My supra is my beater along with my sr20 240sx.....and you all know how those cars get driven :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
My beater is an Acura Integra 94' LS 5spd. I use to not care about it, but at 164k I had to start to do some serious maintenance, and now i'm a little nicer because I don't feel like doing costly repairs, when I could be spending time finishing my supra! Oh and timing belt changes are a pain! I just wanna work on the supra, but no....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts