Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Is it stick? Is it turbo?
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 95 NA auto since 2001 and up to this day, it has given me little or no issues whatsoever, but like always, times change, things change, and sometimes feelings change. I come to the forums a lot and sometimes I see beautiful cars being sold to new owners and I always think to myself, "Why would they sell such a clean beautiful car?" I understand that some people grow out of the car and move on to bigger and better things, and some move on as they have other priorities that may not involve the supra anymore. As much as I don't want to think about it, my time may be lingering around soon enough that I may have to part with her as I now have a family to be caring about. I do admit that I have grown attached to my car as we have been through a lot. She has never failed me when I needed her, except for the time one my drive belt snapped due to a broken bearing in one of the rollers that the belt runs over, and then when the alternator took a shit and left me stranded in the cold on the side of the freeway, however things like that were unavoidable and since repaired, has been my daily driver since day one. My wife and I are currently in the market for a 4 door sedan and in order for the 4 door sedan to come home, the supra's going to have to go. I know its only a matter of time, as I'm stretching out the days that I spend time with her, and I know the time is coming close. I know this seems like a stupid thread and I understand that every case is different but I'm just really debating about it now. Overinall, for those who have sold their pride and joy's, how did you come to the decision to let the supra go? How did it affect you before and after? How do you know that it is time to let go? Did you eventually come back and buy another supra?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I've also owned a toy car that I used as a DD for 8 years, my old Evo IV. It was fun, but in the end, I knew I had to move on or else just forever be stuck with the same thing. Which was fine, but to live life to the fullest, you gotta try out the other side sometime :)

Don't worry, sometimes you need to take one hesitant step back to make two solid steps forward in life, cars included hehehehe

·
Blue Thunder
3,428 Posts
You say that now 'cause u have an NA. Make it an NA-T and you'll find a way for
the 4dr AND SUPRA !!!!!

Is there anything BIGGER and BADDER than the SUpra !?! I mean, most guys will
regret their decision to sell the Supra...then buy another and do it all over again.

But I'd only sell if I REALLY needed the MONEY !!!!

B

·
Registered
432 Posts
only sell the car if you are replacing it with another one.
do not sell the car because of family, everybody was telling me that when i have a kid i will have to say goodbuy to my car, BULLSHIT, i got my baby now and i got my car, and they both have a place in this family.
and actually, im looking for a new one cause i got bored of the old one.
i dont make a lot of money and yes it is hard to have both, but its possible, dont let your wife get to your head, make the decision yourself.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
“ Let me tell you somethin', son: A driver don't pick the car, nuh-uh...the car picks the driver. It's a mystical bond between man and machine. ”

—Bobby Bolivia

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
WTF do you gotta get rid of your Supra?!?! If you need a 4 door then go look into a 2GS (98-00) for less then $10K. Thats what my next car will be. And oh look! i can drop an Aristo GTE motor into it later also. So unless you got your heart set on a new ballin ass car i dont see why you would need to sell the Supra.

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,223 Posts
Keep it you will regret it. I know i did and thats why im back now. Just get a 4 door car for the family outtings.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
the supra is the best and baddest japanese import of 90s that was sold here in america....i wouldnt sell. and you do know that the supra has rear seats right?=)

·
Registered
79 Posts
i no how it feels to sell your pride and joy. i was 16 and i had my first supra with 88k on it twin turbo 6 speed and i couldnt keep up with the payments and i had to sell it. one of the worst days of my liifee. and thennn i bought another supra because i got an amazing deal on it but it was non turbo. but during the time i didnt have a supra i wanted an evo and i was driving my truck and i saw a supra n i just couldnt help but drop my jaw and drool. it was like seeing your ex girlfriend with another guy. after that i bought nothing but supras and iv been threw 4 or 5 and i wil never drive n e thing but a sup. SOO DONT SELL!!! =]

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
I'd only sell it to buy a turbo supra...or turbo the one you have. With a family now it'd be easier to just buy one.

Once you feel a supra with "ONLY" 400-500whp, you'll see that you still have a supra, and have moved on to bigger and badder things. Then buy a cheap 4 door mid 90's car. Avalon, Accord, whatever...you can get one for 5-6 grand.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Honestly dude, i wouldnt sell it. The only reason im parting with my first car/supra, is to build another one. Their a headache at times, but as soon as you hear them romp when you turn them on, and feel just a bit of boost, you never wanna part with them. Ive only had my car for 2 years, and i feel say cause in about 6 days, shes getting picked up:(. But i know ill ne picking up another one and making better than this one, so i dont feel as bad u know. Oh btw, if you do sell, whats the mileage and condition of yours? Im looking for an NA auto or 5spd with whatever miles;).. I may be able to take care of it and make her really come to live with a fat turbo:)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Overinall, for those who have sold their pride and joy's, how did you come to the decision to let the supra go? How did it affect you before and after? How do you know that it is time to let go?
The worst part is when the new owner drives off with the car and your left stranded with tears in your eyes.
The point is, don't think about it and just do it or else you will always feel that way.

Did you eventually come back and buy another supra?
I did! This time I ended up with two dawgs?

·
Ninja
1,826 Posts
im about to sell mine as well. Thought the day would never come, but with prices the way they are for a 996 911 turbo, its hard NOT to get into one.

fuck a supra.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
I'm with BlackSupra... I want a 911 TT as well but I know that I had better steer clear of any singled Supras. Hell I'll just keep driving the Supra...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts