Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll probably just you some flexible bumper repair from bondo, but what i think is harder is how to even start it with the big hole there-should I put some fiberglass cloth, mesh, or something behind it or what??? i think someone took off my sign couple weeks ago-i doubt it flew off.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
why not just get a new one to fill it in?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
hahahaha i'm guessing you saw the new guys car lol.

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
http://www.urethanesupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=URE&Product_Code=5003R10 - use this to fill in the hole but keep this lower than the surface...

Then use http://www.urethanesupply.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=URE&Product_Code=2000-C to fill in the top and feather in with the rest.

Then you can paint

I did this back in 2001 and have not had a single problem since. I also filled in my license plate dimple and the "V"s left behind by cutting out the grille in the nose.

Keith H

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Storko said:
It looks better with the emblem. :)

Agreed that why i said why not get a new one to fill it in talking about an EMBLEM :)

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
I met a guy that got his filled in at a bodyshop. But you could still see the outline of the hole. Maybe they just did a crappy job.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Do the 91-92 nose pieces have a dip in them for the newer logo, or are they flat with the logo on top? I'd assume that those would be the best to get if you want to do it.

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
Friend of mine had one...I have no idea how the hell he did it because he had a 89 with a "pre89 bumper" yet it had a ( T ) symbol on it like the 91/92's...

But from what I saw, it looked the same as a regular bumper, just with that part filled in and a ( T ) emblem on it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jeff Lange said:
Do the 91-92 nose pieces have a dip in them for the newer logo, or are they flat with the logo on top? I'd assume that those would be the best to get if you want to do it.
Thats a good point Jeff the less filling in the better. I don't know if the 91-92 were flat and I only can comment on 90 since thats what I have, but then again that was with the old red logo so it dips down.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
Friend of mine had one...I have no idea how the hell he did it because he had a 89 with a "pre89 bumper" yet it had a ( T ) symbol on it like the 91/92's...

But from what I saw, it looked the same as a regular bumper, just with that part filled in and a ( T ) emblem on it.
The "T" emblem on the Supras is a flat piece of coloured plastic, with the T part on top of it, meaning, if you put it on the older bumper, it would cover up the dip of the old logo.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
The 91's-92's have the same emblem hole. I got my 91 emblem from champion and it had a square pattern on the backside to match the square hole. it also has that rod that goes stright down and clips.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
The 91's-92's have the same emblem hole. I got my 91 emblem from champion and it had a square pattern on the backside to match the square hole. it also has that rod that goes stright down and clips.
Yup, they never changed the nose piece, just looked in the EPC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts