Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but I couldn't find the answer... everyone says replace it... but I'm looking for a DIY.

I am installing hard pipes, bov, and intercooler that I got from a forum member here and I can't seem to figure out the intercooler removal.

Thanks for the help,
Andrew

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
crawl up under the car with a 10mm and a phillps and unbolt and unscrew everythign attached to it and everything used to attach it to the car there is a good bit of stuff there but u can figure it out

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Like Yak said just go at it with a 10mm. Once you get a few, tug on it and feel where its still attached. It's a little hard to pull off. Just be glad you don't have to take it off with a BHG. The pipes took a coolant and oil dump on my chest.

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
There's 8 bolts total I think, two on the bottom, two on the passenger side bracket, two or three on the right side between the IC and PS cooler, Two on the horn bracket (top and bottom). Then the hoses. Have fun, after the first time it's easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks guys. I'll get to it as soon as it is light out again... hopefully after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If I can get my IC off myself, then you'll have no problems at all :)

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
OK... I have to say it.

Put down the wrench and step away from the car.

In the 1h 10 minutes before the first reply to this thread you could have figured it out on your own by just crawling under the car and taking a look.

:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK... I have to say it.

Put down the wrench and step away from the car.

In the 1h 10 minutes before the first reply to this thread you could have figured it out on your own by just crawling under the car and taking a look.

:)
Thanks for the help :crossjerk

I was under there for a while taking out rusty bolts, cracked hoses, all sorts of crazy shit. Excuse me if I didn't want to waste my time trying to figure out if there are secret mounting spots anywhere as I'm doing this on ramps in a parking lot.

But I guess every forum has the people who give wordy evidence to the fact they can't help you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, I got it all off. The biggest problem for me was the coolant res... the metal behind it had rusted so much that it wouldn't budge. At first I thought it was part of the whole metal thing there and I'm like, how the fuck am I going to take this shit off cause there is no room. I had to take a hammer to it and found bolts and more bolts.

Now I just need to figure out how these damn pipes go on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found it out... gotta go through the intake hose... not the side. Now I gotta figure out how to make my stock intake work lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts