Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after installing mine i was just wondering how everyone else does it. i know of two ways one using a alignment tool and bolting the disk and PP to the flywheel then stab the tranny and two putting the disk and PP on the tranny shaft then stab and bolt the PP to the flywheel through the inspection covers. I couldnt find an alignment tool so i followed the toyota manaul. Anyone know where to get the aignment tool for our car? Autozone didnt have it

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
When I was installing the RPS clutch in my car... 5speed.... I don't know if the 6speed is different... I removed/installed the pilot bearing, bolted the flywheel to the motor, layed the clutch on the pressure plate, loosely bolted the assembly to the flywheel, I eye-balled it and used a deepsocket and big screwdriver to align the clutch (I didn't have an alignment tool, but I would recommend it; cheap from Toyota). Then I replaced the throwout bearing. Then I set the engine on the ground, straddled the tranny, picked it up and slid it into the clutch/pp/flywheel... which took some try and finesse, but it worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts