Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was just wondering how you guys tune YOUR cars? a majority of people on svtperformance tune their cobra's with an internet tune from a professional tuner, then their are a lot that do a dyno tune. my question is how do YOU guys tune your supra's? do you tune it yourself with a wideband? or have a tuner dyno tune it? or do you guys do online tunes also or is that just out of the question? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks -justin :bigthumb:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
c'mon help a brother out, just wondering how the other side of the fence tunes their car

·
11,221 Posts
Sry, what's an "online tune". I try to tune my car as best as I can with a wideband, then I head to a dyno shop and tune it on the dyno to refine. I let the pros do the final touches.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Well at full throttle i smack the dash and yell, "come on baby!" Especially in a race it helps with the tune or something because when i do that i start pullin

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys that is what i'm really starting to consider myself actually. an online tune is a tune that you can pretty much do yourself i would imagine. basically professional tuners in the "SVT" world offer online tunes and for the most part they actually work. they charge $125 for lifetime tunes, tons of people do it. but i'm starting to think if i had a Dynojet Wideband Comander i could just do the tuning myself on the road. what wideband commander do you guys use? i've also heard of the zeitronix wideband unit.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
The commander is the shit (it's the one I want)...

I'm going to be getting a MAP Ecu and a commander soon :)

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
breakemlose said:
Well at full throttle i smack the dash and yell, "come on baby!" Especially in a race it helps with the tune or something because when i do that i start pullin
careful, or that diamond plate on the floor will explode off your car ! :wtflol:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i'm undecided really, a pro would do the job, but i could save money in the end or risk losing a lot of money on blowing up my engine

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
well, i usually use the "E" note tuning fork, but when i put race gas in it i can tune it with the "F sharp" tuning fork for the extra HORSEPOWER!

but all kidding aside, here are some things i have seen people tune with from worst to best:
1. adjust fuel pressure regulator (not recommended as not very precise)
2. piggyback unit (like S-AFC or superAFR) can be done yourself with a wideband datalogger
3. AEM EMS (not recommended unless you are a PROFESSIONAL as the program is very complicated, believe me i have it)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn... so your saying i should have a pro tune my car? but a wideband datalogger wouldn't hurt?

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
use a dyno to tune for power
sreet for drivability/gas mileage
ALWAYS USE A WIDEBAND!!
-jt

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
it's pretty easy on the right dyno... on the street, full-throttle is easy, but part-throttle is a lot more difficult... but not impossible w/ data-logging.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you tune your car with the zeitronix or is their some software that comes with it also?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts