Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it all wired up but I have no idea which port connects to which line. There's a cubic small thing (The stepper Motor) that has three ports on one side and one in the opposite side. I know that on one side, it goes to the vaccum, turbo inlet, and wastegate. I know the other side is best to just cover it. The only problem is that I have no idea which 3 ports are to which part. HELP!!!!!!

THAT THING UP THERE!!! Which port goes to which part???

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
the smallest port goes to the intake manifold.

The middle port goes to a pre throttle body port (nipple on turbo).

The last port goes to the wastegate.

The single port is used to vent air from the wastegate. I put a 6" hose on the end of mine to help keep dirt out of the stepper motor.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
There are 3 connections labelled COM, NC, and NO. They stand for Common, Normally Closed, and Normally Open. What happens is with no power applied, teh COM port is routed to the NO port, and the NC port is blocked. Then power is applied to the solenoid via the boost controller, and the COM then switches over to the NC port, and the NO port closes off.

Now, for a single port wastegarte (like teh stock one), the wastegate hooks up to the COM port, and the NO port is then connected to your pressure source. What this does, is allows a failsafe system where the bost controller will act normally when it loses power.

The NC port is OPEN to atmosphere, not blocked. What this does is allow the boost controller to switch the WG's input over to this open port, and bleed off a little bit of pressure. If you cap this off it can't bleed, and you wil probably have spiking issues.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are 3 connections labelled COM, NC, and NO. They stand for Common, Normally Closed, and Normally Open. What happens is with no power applied, teh COM port is routed to the NO port, and the NC port is blocked. Then power is applied to the solenoid via the boost controller, and the COM then switches over to the NC port, and the NO port closes off.

Now, for a single port wastegarte (like teh stock one), the wastegate hooks up to the COM port, and the NO port is then connected to your pressure source. What this does, is allows a failsafe system where the bost controller will act normally when it loses power.

The NC port is OPEN to atmosphere, not blocked. What this does is allow the boost controller to switch the WG's input over to this open port, and bleed off a little bit of pressure. If you cap this off it can't bleed, and you wil probably have spiking issues.

Hope that helps.

So, it's probably best not to block off that single port behind the other three ports huh? When I bought this profec A, the dude said it's best to block it off and he totally gaved me wrong directions to install it. I had to look it up but still, it was difficult to find installation guide to it. Thanks for your guys help!

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
So, it's probably best not to block off that single port behind the other three ports huh? When I bought this profec A, the dude said it's best to block it off and he totally gaved me wrong directions to install it. I had to look it up but still, it was difficult to find installation guide to it. Thanks for your guys help!
Yeah, it's best to not block it off. It even says that in the manual. The guy you got it from doesn't know anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts