Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I havent really listened to my system in my 94, MKIV TT, In fact i havent picked it up yet.....what I'm curious is how do you guys find the stock Bose system?

Digital equalizer is nice, and bose is a very good sound company

How do you like your stock system? did you upgrade it?

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I upgraded within a year. :)

Stock isn't bad, but it's still 1994 technology. It's 2005. :D

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I wouldn't say its bad...It's tolerable, but definately look into an upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what did you find to be a good quality system?

I'd personally go for infinity's.

·
Registered
831 Posts
To4r-Supra said:
what did you find to be a good quality system?

I'd personally go for infinity's.
Stick with the OEM head unit upgrade, any 5V preamp-out or above Eclipse.
As far as front speakers, the older model MB Quart seperates in front, (2 or 3 way), seperate MB Quart tweeters in the dash (run off x-over with door tweeters and use lowest gain on x-over).
Subwoofers; two 8 inch subs in the spare tire well. You MUST fiberglass the well and match air-space to your subs! You don't need to go overboard on subs, as the hatch area works really well with good, tight, woofers, even lower priced ones.
Amps your choice, as efficient as possible, 5 or 6 total channels power matched to your subs and seperates.
Rear stage, two 6.5 " MB Quart coaxials with a nickel sized piece of Dynomat attached to the back side of grilles over the tweeters to keep image towards front.
For EQ, mid to high end Eclipse units have excellent built in EQ features, ideally though, find a Rockford Symettry EPX on Ebay.
Of all installs I ever heard (within financial reason) on Supras or most anycar for that matter, that setup is the BEST, period. It will play any type of music......WELL.
As a matter of fact, my MKIV is going to get this SAME setup as soon as it clears the Tuner's shop. My Symettry is sitting on the bookshelf behind me right now...:)

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
sound system? speakers? bah humbug... ditch it all and go on a diet... my cars exhaust note is music to my ears

(now seriously... i just upgraded the deck and took out the little so called "sub")

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
^ lol
personally imho, the stock 93 sound system sounds like crap, thank god i upgraded it :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
stock system isnt bad. For a car made in 94 it hold up decently to the rest. but if you like music you probably want to upgrade it. the stock amp is pretty crappy but is pretty much required for the stock HU. If you want a basic upgrade go with a good HU bypassing the stock amp. I went a step further and added a mono sub amp and subs, it make a big difference.

I thought the stock system was made by fujitsu not bose???

·
Registered
748 Posts
it was ok but now it's really crap. i blew the fronts listening to korn!

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
It was made by Bose?

I thought the stock system was pretty good for being stock but it can't keep up to the new stock systems. I can't speak for most new cars but the Acura Bose systems are very good in the TL/CLs. They come with a 10in sub in the back too so it helps with the lows.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hate my stock system. The head unit is pretty cool though. Its got the EQ and shiiz...Anyone wanna buy my stock system :) Ill gladly trade it away for a LCD head unit!

·
1,057 Posts
I honestly have not heard a stock system that sounds good. For the price of an upgraded factory system, Id rather just get new components and self install

1 - 20 of 20 Posts