Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time has taken their toll on the tints, they have scratches and it is starting to peel just above the door panel.

Might as well take them off and have one less reason for being stopped by a cop.

How do I get them off?

TIA

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Get some razor blades, "000" or "0000" steel wool and lots of windex and patience. Start at the edge of the window with the razor blade and lift the corner then carefully pull and work at the edge with the blade.

If the tint is in decent shape, it should come off in one piece, ithe the tint is old you should be in for a fun time. After you get most everything off, use the wet steelwool to scrub off any excess.

I've never done this myself, but have watched my tint guy do it several times.

Good Luck!

·
0 Posts
Better way to remove tint

Get some soapy water spray it or apply it however you like to your window. Use a razor blade to remove the tint. Stick the razor blade in the corner and get a flap of tint up and peel the rest back. If it won't peel scrap it off with the razor blade. Once the tint is off the adhesive will be left. Spray carburetor cleaner on the adhesive and it will whipe right off. You can use a credit card or like object to whipe off the adhesive.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Re: Better way to remove tint

94SupraTT6spd said:
Get some soapy water spray it or apply it however you like to your window. Use a razor blade to remove the tint. Stick the razor blade in the cover and get a flap of tint up and peel the rest back. If it won't peel scrap it off with the razor blade. Once the tint is off the adhesive will be left. Spray carburetor cleaner on the adhesive and it will whipe right off. You can use a credit card or like object to whipe off the adhesive.
Sounds like more of an expert that me. Go with what he said, just don't get the carb cleaner on your interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts