Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
Joined
·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I need some recommendations on how to take off adhesive residue on my supra's body. (Dont ask why "sigh")

I used NXT wax and it works but it looks like I have to put alot of elbow grease to take that crap off my body's paint without damaging the paint itself..

What do you guys recommend me do?

The adhesive is pretty thick and in a huge area.
 

·
NA-T T61
Joined
·
1,988 Posts
Sounds extreme but it works very acceptionally.

1) take a hairdryer or if handy a halogen light that gives off HOT heat.

2) Take gasoline and apply to a towel and rub the towel in a waxing motion over the adhesive. The adhesive should break apart into little pieces.
 

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
Joined
·
6,552 Posts
3M makes adhesive remover in a spray can made especially for removing woodgrain look off cars and vans,
or get eraser wheel ,any automotive paint distributor store will have it,install it on a slow speed drill and go for it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
exvelocity said:
3M makes adhesive remover in a spray can made especially for removing woodgrain look off cars and vans,
or get eraser wheel ,any automotive paint distributor store will have it,install it on a slow speed drill and go for it

^ditto^ x's 100

That shit's safe as hell on auto paint, and works realy well.....plus, I've seen it sold at local hardware stores, so its pretty easy to find. About $15-20 I believe (Qt can). Although, I dont know it to be in a spray can....the version I have in mind is in a can. I'm sure it's the same though ---> "3M Adhesive Remover".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
SupaSupraSE said:
Sounds extreme but it works very acceptionally.

1) take a hairdryer or if handy a halogen light that gives off HOT heat.

2) Take gasoline and apply to a towel and rub the towel in a waxing motion over the adhesive. The adhesive should break apart into little pieces.

couldent of said it better my self it works :bigthumb:
 

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
Joined
·
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
banton said:
Pick-up some goo gone. Works great and won't damage your paint

Brad

Bought the large 5 dollar bottle at Walmart.. and I have to say it Works WONDERS ;P

I was too scared to use GASOLINE on my paint. hahah

thanks guys!
 

·
Mid-life Realization!
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Deusdeceptor said:
Bought the large 5 dollar bottle at Walmart.. and I have to say it Works WONDERS ;P

I was too scared to use GASOLINE on my paint. hahah

thanks guys!

Glad you were pleased with the results :)

Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner works wonders. Sometimes, it's hard to find, you usually have to get it from a dealer/wholesaler, but trust me -- it's worth the trouble!
 

·
SlowV8
Joined
·
663 Posts
exvelocity said:
3M makes adhesive remover in a spray can made especially for removing woodgrain look off cars and vans,
or get eraser wheel ,any automotive paint distributor store will have it,install it on a slow speed drill and go for it
Works like wonder. 3M
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top