Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean like how do you get the SAFC to do it. I mean like how do you determine what to set the lo map at? Cause when tuning, you only tune for wot.

I heard that whatever you tune your hi map at, you should lean back 15% or something? Can someone just please explain to me how I determine what to set the lo map at based on the hi map settings.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
I dont know if its the same for NA-T's but for normal turbos you aren't supposed to change the low map at all.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MTR said:
I dont know if its the same for NA-T's but for normal turbos you aren't supposed to change the low map at all.
What I should "0" it out all the way across? I can't because I'm running bigger injectors than my maf is rated at, so if I don't correct it, it'll run lean like a bitch.

·
Turbo Fire Truck Driver
559 Posts
Well, in that case you may want to figure out the % larger the injectors are, then lean it out by that percentage. That's what I did with my VR-4 when I went from the stockers to 450cc injectors.

Wes

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I use 720cc and the maf. I take out 25% across the board at all rpm points. From there I tune wot above 4000 rpms. You really shouldn't be making fuel changes without a wideband in the car preferably with data logging capability. You should be rich if running bigger injectors than what the ecu/maf if programmed for. I'm taking out fuel, not adding.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supra400hptt said:
I use 720cc and the maf. I take out 25% across the board at all rpm points. From there I tune wot above 4000 rpms. You really shouldn't be making fuel changes without a wideband in the car preferably with data logging capability. You should be rich if running bigger injectors than what the ecu/maf if programmed for. I'm taking out fuel, not adding.
Well that's the directions for tuning hi map? But what did you do about the lo map? Did you just left it -25% across the rpm ranges?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
First I set all rpm points at -25%. That balanced my bigger injectors with the maf/ecu for idle and cruise. From there I went out and datalogged pulls with my fjo and fine tuned from 4000 rpms and up under wot, tuning for an a/f in the 11s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts