Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to remove my rear seat to get my ABS sensor unplugged and I can't seem to figure out how to get it out. I saw the tabs on the front, but how does it disconnect in the back?

Thanks

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
It's been like 2 years since I took mine out but I remember folding the top portion down and there was a bolt on either corner. then I think I folded it back up and there were 2 more bolts on the same hinge (4 bolts total). Then the top piece comes off (after un tabbing the carpet from it). The bottom piece just pulls up but I can't rememebr if I pulled that off first to get the the bolts or not. It's not hard either way, I never even looked at taking it out until I did and it only took me 5 minutes at most after I located the first bolt.

Y

·
0 Posts
I believe that it just pops out - i've taken mine out and i don't remember any screws - so, just pull - . . . ahhh - heck i can't remember - it's easy

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man, I've pulled on this fucking thing (the seat :)) so hard, it sounds like it's going to rip apart. The tabs at the bottom came right out but the top doesn't want to come free.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Ryan P said:
Man, I've pulled on this fucking thing (the seat :)) so hard, it sounds like it's going to rip apart. The tabs at the bottom came right out but the top doesn't want to come free.

I just took mine out last week. Take the bottom out first. This will give you better access to the left and right bolts on the bottom portion fo the top portion of the seat.

To take the bottom portion out, simply, grab the front of the seat and pull up. You will hear a couple of clicks. These are the snap fastners comming loose. Then pull up and out to get the rest of the bottom portion out.

The top/BackRest portion is simple. There will be a hinge on each side. Each hinge has two screws holing it in. The bottom screws can be taken out with the back rest in the upright position. The top screws can be taken out with the backrest in the folded down position.

Hope this helps.

-pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts