Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really new to the upgraded/single turbo thing, so please bear with me. One of my friend's friends has 2 turbos that he said that he was gonna use for his MK3 but didn't, and he's asking me if I want to buy one or both. The first one is a Garrett 57 trim with an upgraded wheel and ported, and is brand new. The other one is a Turbonetics 60-1 ported with a bigger wheel .63a/r. It has about 1000 miles and never ran past 14 psi.

Here are some pics of the Turbonetics turbo. He didn't have any of the Garrett to send me yet.

He wants $500 each for them. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
I wouldn't bother with either of those turbos on a MK4. Like others have said, a PT6262 or PT6265 is not much more expensive and either one will be a vastly superior turbo.

·
"Granite"
3,112 Posts
What do you mean not set up for big boost, you don't have to run high psi with a big turbo, you can still do anywhere in the low teens and be ok, granted you AFR is within good running limits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.