Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive decided on a compromise of speed and reliablity MKIII being my only car ill have to look at it this way... how does this sound?

-CT26 60-1 upgrade (475)
-S-AFCII (230)
-bottom end rebuild (220 im getting hooked up)
-turbo timer (85)

and now i need help deciding between an electronic boost controller and a manual one... dont wanna really spend more than 250. have 1600 to play with on this whole process which is why im not going 550cc+lex afm+afpr. gonna run ~9 low boost 11-12 high boost. car already has supporting mods such as exhaust, intake, fuel pump....etc.
after the boost controller, the rest will be spent on new shocks up front, gettin rotors tuned, and getting boost/oil pressure gauges.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
take it from me...an upgraded CT is POINTLESS without fuel mods....

youll make more power with the stocker at 15-16psi with some fuel then at 8-9psi on the 60-1 trim....not to mention with any way to combat fuel cut youll be fighting it the whole time...NOT FUN.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
im with ideal as i am at a point where i cant push the (semi) stock fuel system i have any further w/o a WBo2 and some dyno time. invest in a WB and some fuel tuning and sit back.
on another note id add IC to that setup. i picked up my ebc (HKS EVC 1) from a local for 200 and have been really pleased with it (actually currently disconnected from new turbo setup and i miss it) and there are some on ebay that go for near that. just gotta keep your eyes open. with that much $$ also an SP61GT isnt too far outside the realm of options so you might want to save a bit more and just go for it. good luck!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the late-night responses... the only reason I was looking at the 60-1 upgrade is because I plan on doing the AFM/550's later on this summer. but if i could find a smaller trim ct-26 and get more power w/o having to go 550's / lexafm im wide open to suggestions. what can I hope to pull outta my stock 440's with stock afm and upgraded walboro fuel pump? thanks for all the help

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Either way you are going to need to either go tune or get a WBo2.... That is if you want to keep the stock fuel + run more boost. However, you will need atleast an fpr since the stock one can't handle the backpressure the walbro creates for very long. Also; removal of the j-tube is a must when doing the walbro....

The stock 440's will flow but you will need to get them cleaned/blueprinted which is just more money you could save up for the 550's...

And they are right. Upgrading lex/550's would put you @ more HP with the stock turbo then it would with an upgraded one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts