Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my engine is fully broken in finally (1500miles) and I'm not 100% satisfied with my power results. Is it normal to not loose traction in 1st gear with out launching? With my DP i spin tire in 1stat around 3500rpm, i have stock exhaust on now and i dont. My mods are as follows 550s, lexus, hard pipes, 8psi, spec stage 3 clutch? I'm considering compression test just cuz my car doesnt feel as fast as I expected. I know i need to hit the dyno and get tuned (running kinda rich), but i gotta pass smog first.

~scott

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
So youre saying that with the DP you can break traction, but now with the shitty, restrictive, POS stock exhaust you cant? Whats the surprize? Get rid of that crap exhaust.

Plus, 8 PSI isnt that much more than stock, so youre making a lil over stock power levels. Dont expect it to be a Viper. If you want more power, crank up the boost.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand, and dont get me wrong I LOVE My mkiii, I'm just not quite sure exactly where i should be at performance wise. I wouldnt call burning tires in 1st without a clucth drop / slip viper performance. Just kinda paranoid about my engine build i guess. Once I pass smog, hopefully today or tomorrow, its off to the dyno to get my fuel mods tuned.

~scott

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
Uhh...my 8 psi right now doesn't spin in first...cause it ain't much power at all. Get real, run some real boost and then you'll wonder how you ever got them to grip. I'm staying at my 8psi right now cause I need some injectors and an intercooler, but at soon as I do.....20 psi here I come :D :D

Oh yeah, BTW vipers don't have to spool....hahahaha remember how you're power curve works... :stickpoke

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Don't forget tires make a big difference. If u've got high grip/high tread/high traction tires it will be much more difficult to break them loose when not on a launch.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
with 15 psi i would barely haze the tires in 1st on shitty pavement.. with only 235s.. It all depends on the tire/surface... I put down 289/346 too..

If i put on my stockers with 225s i would light em up through 1st and 1/2 of second

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
think about it:

1. 8psi. I know mine feels like a dawg at 8psi
2. Not tuned. If its like balls out rich that can make the difference of quite a bit of power.
3. Depending on the tires. . .. well all the rest doesnt even matter.

The 1st 2 points mean everything

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have uber pos cop car tires w00t!

~scott

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
^^haha, but animantoric you cant spin your wheels in first gear. lol seems kinda weird

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Currently, mine takes a few guys pushing it to accelerate.... LOL

Soon it will be tire shredding again however.

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
mine, well like a bat out of hell.
sorry dude i had to say it :bigok:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hmm when I was on stock turbo running anywhere from 15-22psi, I would spin all the way through 1st and 2nd with good 245 bfg's on back....it's not as if I helped my cause by going with a way bigger turbo now...bah! damn traction

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my problem was one of those them there code 51s!. dang there basterd was takin all my deng power away. Luckily CKanderson helped me git me dang lasso round her and hawg tie 'er real good like.

~scott

1 - 20 of 27 Posts