Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to jump back into an SAFC for the time being.
What kinda power are people making on singles on SAFC's?
Are closer to 500's possible assuming you have the other mods?

I guess boost level wise I can keep upping the fuel pressure a bit and leaning out the AFC to get passed boost cut.

LMK your opinions. I just want my car boosting better for now until I can go AEM or something similar.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
if it dont fuck up and pull timing.. i would imagine with the right fuel setup at least 450. Ive seen single 1JZ's @ 20psi make 270hp with SAFCII's so dont expect much. You'll make ALOT more with a PowerFC or AEM. Dont cheap out and get beat by a stock turbo'd 1JZ.

BTW, u have a single and u didnt invest in a $40 boost cut????

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even with my car running badly on the EMU or on the stock ecu I wont get beat by a stock 1J. lol.
I am getting rid of the EMU as I am getting irratated with it and for the time being until U have 1200-1500 to invest in a standalone again, I need something to lean out the top end and let me run more boost to have fun with it in the mean time.

Someone out there has to be running an SAFC on a single.
BTW i had a BCC but sold it when I got the EMU..

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Well, if you check out the HP figures Mattonedime is making, its is well above 500 and he IS using SAFCII. I also dumped my emanage for now for a much simpler/easier and car friendly SAFC II.
I know a lot of people call it a band aid fix, but in my opinion, it works quiete well..

I do have some videos of his cars power :)

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I coulda sworn there are people well in the 400's and about 500 on SAFC's right now.
I just know I cant keep messing with this Emanage and getting no where. Plus I could use a few bucks in my pocket for other things right now. I just want the car running smoothly.

Greddy tells me now I might need another harness. bleh

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
jacatto or whatever his name is put 500hp down through a th400 with an afc.. matt one dime is 500s not sure if he has a tune ecu as well..

·
Resident Smartass
1,052 Posts
....Cough!!!!!........550 is easy to do throught a five speed. For all the haters and others that want to buy more expensive parts, I encourage you to rock the hell out of the stock ecu, you will be amazed at what it can do. I am not a cocky person but when I was on the stock ecu I would have bet my bank account that no stock twin 1jz would be within 10 lengths of me. If you wanna use it, use it, if not, then don't. Can yuo make a shit load of power on it???? Yes. Can you make more with a standalone.......geeeez I guess we will have to wait and see:)

11.33 on a stock ecu.

·
evil will always triumph
2,225 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^ that is exactly what i wanted to hear :D as i am gonna be tuning again with my SAFC II with the 1.5jz :D once its back in the car.....

·
JZA is best f**k the rest
351 Posts
Don't know what all the negative comments about the SAFC2 is about lately, Its been proven to be a very useful tool several times on this forum.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
I made 550whp on a Blitz ECU and a S-AFC. My a/f where great and it ran awesome.

BTW I'm #2 on the top ten list and Matt is #3 so you can not say we are not making good power on simple bandaids :rolleyes: .

Jeremy

·
Registered
123 Posts
i put down 556 at the wheels with a 12. someting a/f safc2 blitz access computer and a hks fcd.....was enough to make me have to upgrade the fuel fromm 5502j stock to 650cc top feed with dual pumps....the only issue i am having now is not being able to get 14.7 at idle....but i will say that if you can get your hands on a wide-band o2 u cant go wrong....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts