Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I mean whats the largest injectors etc before I need to upgrade my ecu ? tanks for the help everyone and sorry for all the noob questions....

·
Registered
982 Posts
I'm pretty sure over 600 hp is possible. That is on the Lexus afm mod. Look it up last time I read up on it someone made over 600rwhp on stock ecu

·
Registered
179 Posts
I assumed we are talking about a 7mgte? 11-14PSI is about all the ecu will take before you start hitting fuel cut. the ecu doesn't know what sized injectors you have in the engine. It just goes by the parameters of its fuel map which is for 440cc injectors. So you can put any sized injectors in but you will need to match the upsized injectors with a larger afm. the lex afm is the only real option its about a 25% increase in flow so you would need to run 550cc which is a 25% increase in fuel. you will still be limited by how much air you can flow into the engine by the afm and turbo. On a stock ecu I would go with Lex afm, 550cc injectors and run 11psi. I would say that would probably put you in the 325-350hp range not quite sure on the power though. This is the way I understand it all if I'm wrong someone correct me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing but I have the sport turbo direct bolt on from HKS that has been rebuilt and upgraded also running the HKS intercooler and piping with the HKS 3000 pipe full 3" turbo back exhaust cat delete hitting about 13psi
also have 550's and VPC waiting to go in but I heard I need the F-CON for VPC

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
That's what you can run with a FCD?
Do NOT run a FCD, period. You can safely tune a car away from fuel cut without just doing it the lazy way of adding the FCD. The VPC, AFC, or whatever other fuel controller you use, will "trick" the ECU into thinking there is less air than there really is and will effectively allow you to raise fuel cut up higher. The FCD is just another electronic thing that could fail or something else to wire in with everything else. Completely not necessary with proper tuning, which you should be doing anyway.

·
Registered
982 Posts
No that's what you can run when using the Lexus afm and larger injectors, preferably 550s. As Trent said avoid the fcd at all cost. Fuel cut there was put for a reason, and Toyota was very smart about their design. Never take out something that is most important in saving your engine. The purpose of fuel cut is to basically save your engine from going boom. When using the Lexus afm your still using the stock ecu, your just tricking it into thinking your sucking in less air then you actually are, an exact 25% increase to be exact. 550s add 25% more fuel this raising fuel cut to 18psi give or take. They go great together because you need little to no tuning.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If not mistaken and being new here but for the same cost of the fcd you can get the ecu masters ecu3 for 420.00

1 - 11 of 11 Posts