Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7M Fanatic
3,105 Posts
Have to weigh shipping costs to road trip costs.
I kind of keep road trips for something I want down to a day, say 6 hours one way which would barely get me out of Texas, although a good radar detector decreases travel time a bunch.

"This Cressida has made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

·
Registered
668 Posts
last time I went to the armpit america -- oops spelled that wrong Amarillo tx -- I thought the speed limit was 75 on any hwy (2 lane, 4, divided or not)? Amarillo in august, ahh you can smell the cattle before the airplane even lands.

I drove 7 hr to Iowa to pickup my 86.5.

but the real answer to your question : as far as I need to go buddy, as far as I need to go ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dammm that's awesome!!! I found a W58 setup complete with everything I need to swap into my car for 500 bucks .. I think that a totally worth it....

·
Registered
668 Posts
its a good deal. shifter alone is worth $200 because it fits both r154 and w58

plus the driveshaft, pedal set.... its like a free w58 if you paid retail for those 3 parts on ebay

don't forget bellhousing is worth ~150 also

good score.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@madisonMK3 I thought that was a great deal . it even has a stage 3 clutch in it.. I doubt that I need a one with stock power but its there with room to grow in power

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I sold the house to buy the dry sump setup... does that count? :p

Err... just noticing that you are all talking distance. I like road trips, have made one to Fort Collins, around 5 hours one way, for a car, and to Denver for another one, which is closer to 6 with traffic being what it is these days. I've delivered pizza in my 89 Supra about 1000 miles once, that was fun, still warm when we got there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts