Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys about to do a turbo swap, aiming for the 8's wanting to know will the stock rear end plus a new lsd with 315/50/15's MT street radials be able to cope ?
Or will i have to put in larger shafts and bigger hubs?

Cheers

· Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,872 Posts
You forgot to post quite a few important bits of information.

1.) Transmission, auto or manual?
2.) If Auto, which one and will it have a brake?

And as far as 8's. You are going to need A LOT MORE than a turbo swap on a NA car.

· Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,872 Posts

· Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,872 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm getting a na aerotop and placing a 1uz dry sumped with twin 76mm turbos with a turbo 6 speed box behind it.
Then to answer your first question. No, the NA rear is not going to work out for that application. You'll want to get a 6 speed rear with the 220mm setup.

· Vendor
4,627 Posts
6 speed rear has a 220mm ring gear. By the way, two 76mm turbos is a lot for a 4 liter engine.

· Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,872 Posts
6 speed rear has a 220mm ring gear. By the way, two 76mm turbos is a lot for a 4 liter engine.
That's what I was thinking. Going to be REAL laggy when not using some sort of anti-lag. I can't imagine what will go into a 1UZ build so it will stay together while under pressure from two 76's.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be doing a full build up once i get thngs started but this is a little bit of whats going into it.
Twin 76's
2 step for boost off the line
semi grout filled block
girdle
cnc heads
billet intake plenum
90mm tb
twin 3.5" exhaust
710x305x150mm intercooler
it will be reving to 10,000rpm or a 2uz to 9,500rpm

I'm starting to think the 2uz with 4 bolt main conversion may be the go.

Cheers

· wasting my life on SF
2,558 Posts
I will be doing a full build up once i get thngs started but this is a little bit of whats going into it.
Twin 76's
2 step for boost off the line
semi grout filled block
girdle
cnc heads
billet intake plenum
90mm tb
twin 3.5" exhaust
710x305x150mm intercooler
it will be reving to 10,000rpm or a 2uz to 9,500rpm

I'm starting to think the 2uz with 4 bolt main conversion may be the go.

Cheers

rods/pistons?

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Going to run Carrillo rods and JE pistons.
I'm going to go with the 2uz and around 4.7-4.9L of capacity.
This way i can just to the 4 bolt billet main cap conversion, girdle and semi grout fill and it should be right to rev out whilst holding some good levels of boost 25-30psi.

This engine will also be running on E85 which will help it come on boost.
The motor should make around 550 N/A with the heads and cams planned.
comp will be about 9.0 to 1.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need to know more about the rear ends. does anyone run the drive shaft shop 1200hp axles are they not needed?
Just run a full turbo rear and Trd lsd, studs and 325/50/15's?
I've read that you might have to run HKS coilovers to fit that size tire?

· Super Moderator
14,017 Posts
The *early* 6-spd rear end. JDM/Asian market TT's and SZ-R's with the 6-spd had the smaller 200mm ring gear diffs after about mid '96.

· Vendor
4,627 Posts
Going to run Carrillo rods and JE pistons.
I'm going to go with the 2uz and around 4.7-4.9L of capacity.
This way i can just to the 4 bolt billet main cap conversion, girdle and semi grout fill and it should be right to rev out whilst holding some good levels of boost 25-30psi.

This engine will also be running on E85 which will help it come on boost.
The motor should make around 550 N/A with the heads and cams planned.
comp will be about 9.0 to 1.
I'm trying to not comment negatively to what (with all due respect) just looks like a teenager with a shopping list. However I can tell you that a 4.9L 9.0:1 V8 with camshafts and manifolds suited to turbos will not make 550hp.

The *early* 6-spd rear end. JDM/Asian market TT's and SZ-R's with the 6-spd had the smaller 200mm ring gear diffs after about mid '96.
Good info, I didn't know that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.