Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I know recently picked up a 97-98 Supra with the list of mods below. He wants to race me, so I'd like to know what I'm up against. Below is the list of mods he said he has...what would you all estimate his RWHP/RWTQ to be at, as well as 1/4 mile ET?

Greddy Single turbo kit with a larger TPC (Turbo Performance Center) turbo

RS Akimoto Front Mount Intercooler

720 Injectors

G-Force upgraded computer (w/rev limiter removed)

Racing fuel rails (purple)

HKS Vein Pressure Controller

Greddy Turbo Timer

HKS Fuel Pump

Greddy Exhaust

Rod Millen 3” Downpipe

HKS Hard pipes

HKS External Wastegate

KYB 4-way adjustable shocks

Eibach Springs

Mackin Gewalts 18x9.5 (front) 18x10 (rear)

Dunlop Sport9000 235/40 ZR18 (rear) Pirelli Super Sport 275/35 ZR18 (front)

HKS Sequential Blow Off Valve

Greddy Blow Off Valve

HKS Boost Gauge in factory clock location

J

·
0 Posts
i think he should be anywhere between 500-650rwhp depending upon boost level and octane... it should be hella fast once boost hits... i'd race him from a stop because from a roll i think he would be long gone.
i predict it COULD do 1/4 in 10's with DR's with medium to high boost.
goood luck and let us know how you fair up :)

SsZERO said:
A guy I know recently picked up a 97-98 Supra with the list of mods below. He wants to race me, so I'd like to know what I'm up against. Below is the list of mods he said he has...what would you all estimate his RWHP/RWTQ to be at, as well as 1/4 mile ET?

Greddy Single turbo kit with a larger TPC (Turbo Performance Center) turbo

RS Akimoto Front Mount Intercooler

720 Injectors

G-Force upgraded computer (w/rev limiter removed)

Racing fuel rails (purple)

HKS Vein Pressure Controller

Greddy Turbo Timer

HKS Fuel Pump

Greddy Exhaust

Rod Millen 3” Downpipe

HKS Hard pipes

HKS External Wastegate

KYB 4-way adjustable shocks

Eibach Springs

Mackin Gewalts 18x9.5 (front) 18x10 (rear)

Dunlop Sport9000 235/40 ZR18 (rear) Pirelli Super Sport 275/35 ZR18 (front)

HKS Sequential Blow Off Valve

Greddy Blow Off Valve

HKS Boost Gauge in factory clock location

·
Registered
174 Posts
Since he doesn't mention the size of the turbo, it is impossible to say how much power he is making. However, even with a small turbo, he should be putting down at least 550 rwhp and anywhere from 500 to 600 ft. lbs. of torque. With a larger turbo, who knows.

How fast it is in the quarter is actually not as much about hp as it is about proper set up. A well set up 500 rwhp will easily beat a much more powerful Supra in the 1/4 that isn't optimized for short distance, from a stop racing. I have encountered many single turbo Supras that where unbelievably fast from a roll, but unable to do better than 11s in the 1/4.

If he runs the tires he has listed at race time, forget it. He will just spin the crap out of them.

Another thing that isn't mentioned is whether it is a 6 speed or auto. Autos are generally much better in the 1/4 than 6 speeds.

Then there's driver skill, which is more important when it comes to Supras then most other cars since Supras are very difficult to launch well, even the automatics. Difficult doesn't mean impossible. In the hands of a very good driver, both a six speed and an auto are capable of 1.4 second 60' times, assuming good tires.

If you are not running at least low 10s, I wouldn't bet any money if I were you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy said he has 6-speed with a short-throw shifter, and yes, he would be racing me from a stop with everything on that list.

Low 10s, huh? Looks like I have some work to do...I hate NOS but it looks like I either get a 150 shot and DRs to MAYBE have a chance...or I just show up stock and have my ass handed to me.

I accept that there are faster cars than mine, but I don't want to lose to this guy because he is a real prick. If I lose, it's gonna haunt me for a LONG time. EVen if I came back and beat him in the future, he'd still be saying "well, I won the first time." and that'd bother me. I'm very competitive. :) THanks for the info, guys!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts