Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Know this is a hard question to answer but give it a shot.

I've got exhaust,intake, 10psi and BOV That's about it.

I have raced a 2001 prelude with 200hp. exhaust intake
and a 2002 Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 V8 285hp..

The Prelude was side by side with me at every shift on the highway up to about 160kms

I passed my friends jeep up to about 120kms but he was just behind me...

What i'm wondering is... Are these vehicles fast or is the Supra a slow car, or are they both fast or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tis true... i don't know what is worse... BHG or Heavy Supra.

The jeep is 5500lbs!! Supra is 3500lbs

Then again, Supra isn't a RACE car, more of a highway car and cruising, how many times have i been harsh speeding and not realize it...

There is also lots more that i can do as far as uprades. :):)

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
I've taken Vettes and Porches with mine... Then again it's a little more modded than yours :)

*DOH! I keep saying MY supra, its hard to let her go... She's been sold... *

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What would you suggest i do next then... after i put in the mhg

Electronic bost controller, or lexus afm&injectors.

·
hooligan
475 Posts
agreed with reign_maker, modded the supra is fast as hell, but stock it's a bit of a pig compared to most modern sports cars. Advantage is, the money it takes to make a mk3 reliably fast is beans compared to something like a prelude. That, and the potential certainly seems higher considering the block and drivetrain.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
87TurboB said:
What mods did your Supra consist of Reign_Maker ??
Cometic MHG, ARP head bolts to 80psi, hard pipes, HKS bov, HKS EVC ebc, Lex/550/walbro, NGK iridium plugs, NGK plug wires, HT vacuum lines, K&N intake, 3"dp, full 3" exhaust, N1 muffler, Apexi SAFC2 and a 60-1 CT-26...

Due to the inferior weakness of my stock auto tranny, I was only boosting at 16psi and still making 330 to the rear, breaking those 225's loose everytime my turbo spooled... :D

·
2JZA70
2,533 Posts
there are a lot of mods you can do well before jumping into fuel upgrades. people tend to jump the gun on doing the lex/550 combo when the 440s are more than enough for 400 rwhp. I would suggest a nice high flow DP, cat back, intake, boost controller and then an intercooler & hard pipes if budget allows. 12 psi should get you deep in the 13 sec range @ 102-106 mph. once your ready to upgrade the turbo then you can worry about fuel mods.

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
wow....im a mkiv owner who jus bought a mkiii yesterday....my mkiii is bone stock......i was jus thinking of adding a filter...remove the cats n add a exhaust....maybe a lex afm....n a manual boost controller n crank the boost to abt 10psi!! how much power do u guys think i should make!!

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
jdmuscle said:
wow....my mkiii is bone stock......i was jus thinking of adding a filter...remove the cats n add a exhaust....maybe a lex afm....n a manual boost controller n crank the boost to abt 10psi!! how much power do u guys think i should make!!
Auto or manual tranny?

Anyway, you'd make about 230-240rwhp...

toyota_supra_1988 said:
^^ get a ddp or a good 3in dp, and you should be making around 300rwhp, thats if your engine is solid
??? Are you serious? You wouldnt make 300 to the fly... I've seen guys with full lex/550/wal and stock turbo boosted to 15psi and a greddy e-man, along with intake and full 3" exhaust and still only made 297rwhp... You think a ddp and K&N at 10psi ona mbc will make 300hp to the rear? Not gunna happen... With ALL my mods, at 16 psi ona 60-1 I only laid down 330rwhp... WITH a full 3" exhaust...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
you dont need a lex/550 to runr 10psi on a stock turbo.

jdmuscle said:
wow....im a mkiv owner who jus bought a mkiii yesterday....my mkiii is bone stock......i was jus thinking of adding a filter...remove the cats n add a exhaust....maybe a lex afm....n a manual boost controller n crank the boost to abt 10psi!! how much power do u guys think i should make!!

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
BTZ said:
your car is slow, turn up the boost and get a real downpipe.
*talkin to me?*

Not my car anymore, sold it... Ships out next week... *:(* I know I was loosing alot of hp to my auto tranny, main reason i sold it... But I still wouldnt call it slow...

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i can see there is some potential... the was brutal when i didn't see the prelude in my mirror.

I'm going to start with tires so i don't crash her, since you can only delay that so long.
Then either mhg or electronic bost controller then we will go from there.

I think running 10 psi on a stock motor is ok yes no?
3" exhaust
blitz BOV (vented to atmosphere, some say bad some say good)
K&N intake.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I raced an EF civic hatch back with a b18c5 engine swap and I beat it by 2+ cars. This was with me launching from idle, and him taking off before me (from a dig).

My mods were 2.75" crush bent exhaust with cat, intake, Turboxs rfl bov, stock ct26 @10psi.

The b18c5 was not stock either. So considering he spent over $7000cdn and I spent less than $1000 in mods....the mk3 is not that bad, stockish.

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
Reign_Maker said:
*talkin to me?*

Not my car anymore, sold it... Ships out next week... *:(* I know I was loosing alot of hp to my auto tranny, main reason i sold it... But I still wouldnt call it slow...
wasnt talking to you. talking to the guy who should have kicked the predude..:lol:

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Reign_Maker said:

??? Are you serious? You wouldnt make 300 to the fly... I've seen guys with full lex/550/wal and stock turbo boosted to 15psi and a greddy e-man, along with intake and full 3" exhaust and still only made 297rwhp... You think a ddp and K&N at 10psi ona mbc will make 300hp to the rear? Not gunna happen... With ALL my mods, at 16 psi ona 60-1 I only laid down 330rwhp... WITH a full 3" exhaust...
we cant help it if the people you know dont know how to tune/properly mod a car.

there are plently of people making 300 fly with full exhaust, test pipe, 3" DP/elbow replacement, upgraded clutch, intake and boost controller set to 11psi.

there is recorded 285rwhp from a DDP, test pipe, Exhaust, intake and 11psi.

U can do the math on how that wheel hp equates to in fly.

there are ways to achieve 300rwhp on bpu mods. just got to learn how to get them.

Opening up the wastegate, porting and polishing the extremely resitrictive exhaust manifold, opening the turbo inlets and outlets more..and a healthy running motor mixed with the DDP, test pipe, cat back exhaust, intake and 11-12 psi can definatley see 300rwhp and more.

im sure with an SAFC and a AFPR, that number can increase some more..on stock injectors with consideration that the car runs extremely rich under boost as is.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts