Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find anything in the " drag racing section" for NA-T 1/4 MILE TIMES so I figured I would ask here. How fast is your na-t? Please list estimated horsepower, mods, and any other additional information such as other cars you have beaten!

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I'm number 22 on the list. I gotta get out and improve on that! :)

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
Quarter mile numbers can be so variable depending on the driver, tires, track. I've got plenty of horsepower but shitty 60's even on drag radials. My times are below.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hp

I ran 11.8 at 120 mph (at 2500 foot elev)with a Turbonetics t-61 with 17psi. 400 whp (mustang dyno) I now run a t-70 494whp 17psi no times yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
twincharge said:
I ran 11.8 at 120 mph (at 2500 foot elev)with a Turbonetics t-61 with 17psi. 400 whp (mustang dyno) I now run a t-70 494whp 17psi no times yet.

Thats what I want to hear! I am patiently waiting for my turbo install! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
936 Posts
twincharge said:
Stick or auto?
If auto, what converter?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Times

My car had the 5-spd in it when I ran the 11.8 . I now have installed a 6 spd.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
blazinsi said:
Thats what I want to hear! I am patiently waiting for my turbo install! :bigthumb:
Yes, actual 1/4 mile time probably have more weight than dyno #s. There are some Supras with 400rwhp that can probably run better ET than some 500~600rwhp ones. Too many factors.

·
Registered
936 Posts
kbprice said:
Quarter mile numbers can be so variable depending on the driver, tires, track. I've got plenty of horsepower but shitty 60's even on drag radials. My times are below.
I also agree that 1/4 mile times have more weight than dyno #s. Dyno #'s also have many variables. It's not for nothing the term dyno queen was coined. Dyno #'s are only an indicator of how a car MAY perform.
1/4 mile trap speeds are a much better indicator of how the car actually performs.

A recent example of my friends Lexus with built TT block Non vvti GE head. It dynoed over 606 whp on a 74mm turbo with a sweet 11.5 A/F ratio using haltech and meth injection. (tuned by CFT)
We went to the track that same night and ran a best of 13.6 @ 107 with me at the wheel. All seemed fine for the runs but could not get it out of the hole, however it should have traped more mph . This was ET drag slicks. That same night my Na-t Supra ran a 13.5 @ 105. on worn Kumho tires and 290whp on an old school 68mm turbo.
The IS300 was dynoed again and made over 640whp. All seemed fine on the dyno and streets for about 3 weeks, but on his next trip to the blew all 6 pistons runnig a 14sec 1/4 mile.

This is an extreme example but you can get the idea

1 - 16 of 16 Posts